Saturday, July 25, 2015

All By Myself

Feeling Lonely 

I found this gem that I wrote a couple of months back. I now have a roommate but the feelings I was expressing when I wrote this are still relevant to my life. I thought I should share it because maybe they will be relevant to yours as well...

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) I haven't done a post where I just talk about what I'm thinking and how I'm feeling in a while. I started doing this blog as a space where I could talk about things that I want to and express myself so I figure it is the perfect place for me to talk about this thing that has been happening lately.

You see, I live alone. I love my life, and my apartment. I love who I am even. Living alone has definitely tested me though. Being alone can make you feel alone. I get home alone and eat dinner alone and go to sleep alone and wake up alone... Over and over again. I logically know that I am not alone just because I am by myself. I know that if I picked up the phone and called Amanda or got in my car and drove to Ellie's, that they would be there for me in a heartbeat. I have so many people in my life who would drop everything to be with me if I needed them. I am so blessed in that way.

It's just that when you've had a bad day and you get home to an empty apartment it can make you feel sad. Even when everything is going your way, being alone can just give the effect of sadness.

I think sometimes we feel like we can't admit that we feel lonely. Like admitting that we feel lonely and vulnerable means that we are weak. It doesn't. Emotions are meant to be felt and everyone has felt lonely at one point in their life.

The important thing to remember is that if you feel lonely, let yourself feel lonely. Then remember that you are not alone in this world and that even when you are physically alone you still have yourself. You can always count on yourself to be there so make sure you love your constant companion and that you try to remember that you are enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme