Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Beautifully Broken

My Everyday Makeup Routine


Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) I know that this post would be much better done as a video (I have considered that option for a while but I can't seem to get there yet) because I could show my actual process of doing my makeup but this will have to do for now. Maybe some day I will finally take that step and make my first video!

I have a fairly simple makeup routine. I don't wear a full face everyday or even for special occasions really. I have a lot of freckles and I don't like the way that foundation looks on them. As for eyeshadow, I've never been a fan of the way it looks on my eyelids. They aren't ideal for it.

The fact that I don't have a full routine in no way implies that I think I don't need one. My skin is not perfect. Nothing about me is. I don't want to give any impression that I think I am above foundation.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 245 Light


I always start off my makeup with my concealer. I apply it to the dark circles under my eyes and the purple coloring on my eyelids that I have thanks to my wonderful fathers genetics. I also apply it to any blemishes I may have that day. Using my fingers, I rub it into my skin.

Covergirl Pressed Powder in 220 Creamy Natural



Once I have at least attempted to cover the things on my face that need covering, I just apply some powder in an attempt to even out my skin. I use the power pad that comes with my compact.

Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in 35 Too Cool


I take this moment to moisturize my lips. I have an awful habit of biting my lips. They get very dry and damaged so I have to moisturize them during my makeup routine in order to put color on them at the end.

Elf Complexion Brush & Nars Orgasm Blush


I usually apply my blush with my elf powder brush next. I recently got the Nars Laguna Bronzer & Orgasm Blush Duo. I have been loving the blush. It is beautiful and I usually don't like to buy into hype but it completely deserves all of it.

Elf Brow Comb & Brush, Elf Small Angled Brush & Almay Brown Eye Shadow


Next I move on to my brows. I was against the brow trend when it first started but once I finally caved I have never stopped. I have natural full brows but it just gives them a bit more thickness. I don't use a kit specifically for brows. I just use a small angled elf brush and some brown Almay eye shadow to fill in a bit. I think a pencil or gel is more necessary when you are using it to make your browns look fuller. I am just using it to darken and enhance.

Elf Angled Eyeliner Brush, Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner & Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Mascara


I do my eyes next. In my opinion the thing that changes a persons face the most is eyeliner and mascara. If I am going to skip everything else, I always make an attempt to wear mascara. I have a young face and adding the black to my eyes makes me look closer to my age.

I only recently started to use eyeliner on my upper lash line. I like gel better than liquid because of its matte finish. I also feel like I have more control using my elf brush to apply it than I do with the brush or felt tip of a liquid eyeliner.

One of my closest friends Clay got me this mascara for my birthday. I was thrilled to test a higher end mascara. It is my most used element of makeup so I figure if I am going to splurge on anything it should be mascara. I have really enjoyed it. I like the brush a lot.

Covergirl Smoochies Lip Balm in 225 #Tweet Me 


I always finish up by checking to make sure I didn't get eyeliner or mascara anywhere it shouldn't be and use a q-tip to clean up if I need to. Then I apply a lip color, usually something like this covergirl one. I love this red with my skin. I always feel prettier when I am wearing it. Plus it is hydrating for my lips.



 
That's it. My makeup routine. Have you tried any of these products? Know of any that I should try? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme