Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Eyes Open

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Review 


Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) Simply put I can sum up this entire post in one sentence; this is the single best makeup product I have ever purchased. I just wanted to make it clear up front that the rest of this post will be spent raving about this mascara. I am sure that you have heard plenty of people rave about it but if you'd like to hear my reasons for raving, and my warning about flaws then you can keep reading my post :)


My best friend Amanda steered me away from this product. She had received the sample size in one of her epsy boxes and was not a fan. For that reason I put off buying this mascara for a while. I knew that I wanted it and I knew that people I really trusted loved it but Amanda is my best source of information when it come to makeup so I wanted to listen to her. I finally gave in and bought it after the temptation was just to much and I am so glad that I did. It is amazing. I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone. My Mama tried it and was also not a fan. I completely understand where the flaws could be big enough to make someone not like this product. When you first start using it the brush can be quite overwhelming. It is an intense product and with certain eye types it can be easy to make a mess, this is the problem that my Mama had. I tend to be a messy mascara applier so I had to learn how to apply it in a neat manner. From time to time I will get it on my eyelid but this is thankfully easy to correct with a q-tip.


The pros to this product are that it has a brush that applies mascara magically. I have long eyelashes so my aim with a mascara is never a lengthening brush. I want volume from a mascara. This one does that for me on a level no other mascara can. The closest I have come to the level of volume is Maybelline's The Falsies, which is my favorite drug store mascara. Now saying that this mascara gives me the volume I am looking for does not mean that it doesn't lengthen as well. It does. That just isn't my main concern when it comes to a mascara. The formula of this mascara is also quite wet so it is easy to manipulate my lashes while applying it. Sometimes I find that if I put on a mascara and my lashes are a bit wonky the formula is to dry to really reposition them. With Better Than Sex I can get every lash into place and when it dries I know that they will stay put. It is also an intense black. Some mascaras, even ones labelled very black, just don't have the color payoff I am looking for. If I wanted anything other than black then I would buy a brown mascara. When I buy a black one I am looking for pure black. I want my eyelashes to stand out and to make my eyes pop. That is definitely accomplished with this product.


I already stated this at the beginning but this is the best makeup product I have ever invested in. It is $23 which is very comparable with other mascaras in its league. If you have been thinking about buying a more high-end mascara then I would highly recommend starting with this one. It is my all time favorite.


Other Makeup I'm Wearing:
Primer- Maybelline Baby Skin 
Foundation- Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless in 112 Natural Ivory
Under Eye Concealer- Rimmel London Wake Me Up in 230 Very Fair/Light
Powder- Rimmel London Stay Matte in 011 Creamy Natural
Blush- Covergirl Cheekers in 150 Pretty Peach
Eyebrows- Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep
Eyeshadow Primer- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original 
Eyeshadow- Lorac Unzipped Palette
Tight Line & Water Line Eyeliner- Rimmel London Scandal Eyes in 001 Black
Mascara- Too Faced Better Than Sex
Lip Gloss- Tanya Burr Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Aurora
*All Linked When Hovered Over*

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara is available for purchase online at toofaced.com and online & in stores at Sephora and Ulta

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme