Thursday, April 23, 2015

Colors Of The Wind

My Spring Nail Color Essentials 

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) Spring is in full swing now and I have been having the best time transitioning into my spring nail colors. I like to have my nails painted but I hate getting manicures. The nail polish always chips after a few days and then it feels like such a waste of money. So I do my nails at home most of the time. They look perfectly fine and that way I get to change polish colors when my nails inevitably need to be redone after three days.

I have been rotating between a few colors in my collection that I think are perfect for spring time. Some of them are brand new and others have been in my collection and repurchased for years. I pretty much stick to bright colors in the spring time, so all of these nail polishes are varying shades of blue, green, pink and coral. When I look at all of the bright wildflowers growing around me in the spring time, I just want to have bright nails to match.

Essie- Bikini So Teeny



This is one of my all time favorite nail polish colors. I think that it is simply stunning. I have found various other brands that have shades similar to Bikini So Teeny but they just can't get it exactly right. I look forward to pulling this shade out all autumn & winter long. It is probably my most worn shade in the spring time. The only downside with this polish is that I can't get away with wearing only one coat. I am really lazy about my nails and having to take the time to apply two coats, and wait for them to dry, can be a bit annoying. I think that the color is worth it with this one though.

Sally Hensen Miracle Gel- Tidal Wave & Top Coat 



I purchased this a few months ago after I watched Rachel of Rachhloves on Youtube, review it. I think that it is the most beautiful blue. I have had other nail polishes similar to this shade over the years (my high school colors were red, white & blue) but never one that was as pretty as this. It is a gel formula, and you have to buy the top coat when you buy this polish, but once you buy the top coat you can use it with any color from the range. It dries pretty fast, even after doing two coats of the color and one of the top coat. It doesn't feel heavy on the nail, which I really like. I haven't tried any other color from the range yet but this one did last a few days longer than my regular polish. Not anywhere near as long as a gel manicure from the nail salon, but it gives me an extra two or three days without chipping.

Color Club- Age Of Aquarius 



This is a brand new addition to my nail polish collection this spring. I actually got a pedicure and picked this color out for my toes. After it was done and I was walking out of the salon I realized that this color was amazing. I instantly knew that I was going to have to purchase it. I looked online and couldn't seem to find any store that carried the Color Club brand. I decided that I would just have to go to the nail salon and ask if they had a bottle I could buy. Then, before I could get back there, I found it at Bed, Bath & Beyond. It was totally an accident too. I went to look at their makeup storage containers (which were a flop, I'd definitely recommend sticking with the container store) and noticed that they have a makeup section (who knew?). They have a great nail polish selection and they happen to carry Color Club. I was so thrilled and have worn this a ton since I found it.

Revlon- Posh



I bought this last summer on a whim and I am so glad that I did. This has been my most worn nail color since purchasing it. I just love how bright it is and how much of a true green it is. I get a lot of compliments on it as well. I have a few of the Revlon nail polishes and I absolutely love them. The formula is always good and they never need more than one coat. They also dry really fast, which is always something I want in a nail polish. Not only is this green pretty in the fall, but I think it transitions into spring perfectly. It is really an all year around color. Plus, it is adorable on St. Patricks Day :)


Sally Hensen Insta-Dri- Snappy Sorbet



I got this color because I wanted a coral that leaned more to the orange side. I think this is the perfect amount of orange, without actually being orange. I love corals and I wear them a lot (on my nails, in my makeup and in my wardrobe) but I try to change up the shade of coral that I go for. This one was something I didn't already have in my collection and I think it is perfect for spring/summer, when all of the orange tones are replacing all of the berry ones. I also bought this because I really wanted to try the Insta-Dri range. I was so thrilled to see that it really does dry super fast. I haven't timed it but by the time I am done with my second hand, my first hand is dry. It is pretty great. Plus, it only needs one coat!

Essie- Sunday Funday



This is my favorite coral nail polish I have ever owned. I think that it is the perfect true coral shade. It is easy to get polishes that lean more towards the pink or the orange side of the spectrum, but this one is about as in the middle as you can get. I also love that it has the subtle sparkle to it. It is so pretty when the sun shine hits it. I love looking down on a sunny day with the windows rolled down in my car, and seeing this on my nails.


Revlon- Optimistic



When I was younger the only colors I wore on my nails ranged from bright neon pink to red. This is definitely one I would have been wearing in middle school. It is a true pink. Pink is one of my least favorite color when it comes to makeup and wardrobe picks, but I do love it on my nails. This one is a great shade plus, just like Posh, it is a great formula. It doesn't need more than one coat and it dries pretty fast. This one will probably get even more love in the summer time than it has been this spring, but it is definitely a spring staple color.

Those are just a few of my favorite polishes for spring time. I think that they are all essentials for the season. A bright nail just goes so well with the sunshine and the flowers! Let me know what your spring time essential nail colors are in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme