Monday, April 6, 2015

True

Urban Decay Naked Palette Review 


Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) Welcome to palette review week! To get things going I thought I would start with a classic, Urban Decay's Naked palette. This little guy has been around for almost five years now and I don't think I need to tell you how much of a following it still has. Everyone and their grandmother has this palette. They have also all reviewed it by now. The thing is, I just purchased mine. I'm pretty excited about it and I wanted to review it as someone who has heard about it for years and just now purchased one. I was a bit late to the makeup world. I'm 22 years old and just now diving into all that makeup has to offer. I thought maybe this review would be helpful for anyone out there who is also a late bloomer or anyone (at any age) who is just starting their makeup collection :)


Urban Decay's Naked palette. Where to start? 

In terms of packaging, it is a cardboard case that has a magnetized closure. The outside is a nice, soft brown velvet and the word Naked is embellished in gold on the front. It is really pretty, although the magnetized closure isn't ideal for throwing in your makeup bag. I think I am going to have to use this palette strictly at my vanity because of it. 


This palette comes with 12 neutral eyeshadows and has a very bronze/warm tone throughout. If you are a bigger fan of cool tones then I would suggest coming back tomorrow when I am reviewing the Naked 2 palette. I think that the warm tones in this palette can compliment any skin tone but if you naturally have more yellow undertones in your skin, or have a warmer completion, then this is the perfect palette for you to start off with. The tones in this beautifully compliment warm skin tones and it supplies you with the perfect shades for everyday wear, while also allowing you to transition into evening wear.



Out of the 12 shades in the palette two are matte, while the remaining ten are shimmer shadows. If you are looking for a great matte palette, then this is not going to be up your alley. In my opinion you are supplied with the only matte shades that you really need to complete any eyeshadow look. You are given both a light (naked) and medium (buck) brown option, which are both perfect for your crease. The ten shimmery shades vary in their degree of intensity. You have your darker shades, which are a bit subtler, and then your medium shades that can pack a punch in terms of shine. 

 (Naked & Buck)

(In the below mentioned order)

My favorite shades have quickly become Sidecar, Half Baked (which is also in the Naked 2 palette), Smog, and Toasted. These are all shimmer shades and in my opinion are all extremely gorgeous. 

(Bottom to Top: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked)

(Bottom to Top:Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal)

(Bottom to Top: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal)

The consistency and formula of all of the shades is obviously marvelous. They are so creamy that I can only describe them as having a buttery consistency. I have found that I have to build the matter shades a bit more then the shimmer ones, but that could just be because my palette is new and sometimes mattes take a while to wear down. The color pay off and pigmentation in this palette is incredible. You only need to slightest amount to complete a look. The value for money here is just impeccable. In my opinion the $54 is well worth it for what you are purchasing. This palette is going to last for ages and because of its neutral tones it's never going to go out of style. It must have taken a lesson from T. Swift on that concept ;)


The Urban Decay Naked palette is available online at urbandecay.com or online & in stores at Ulta and Sephora. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme