Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hallelujah

Nars Dolce Vita Lipstick Review 


Hello Lovlies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) I have never had a very large lip collection. I didn't like the texture of lipstick on my lips for years. So when I recently got into lip products I was very surprised by myself. I had this lipstick on my wishlist for 2015 and have been coveting it for quite some time now. A few week ago while I was makeup browsing with my best friend Amanda she convinced me that I should finally purchase it. Nars lipsticks are not inexpensive so it felt like quite the splurge to buy it for myself. This is something I have really been wanting though, and I knew it was going to get so much love as an addition to my makeup bag.

I have talked about my love for nude lipsticks a number of times in posts so I suppose it wouldn't come as much of a surprise that for my first lipstick splurge I picked a wonderful nude shade, Dolce Vita*. I love lipsticks that are "your lips but better" and I just feel like this is the perfect version of that effect. I feel so pretty wearing this and I don't really think I could ask for much more from a makeup product than that.






This lipstick is a deep nude without having an overwhelming brown undertone that washes you out. There is a pink undertone that really compliments and mimics natural lip color. Of course everyone has different skin tones and that is reflected in our natural lip color, meaning that this being my perfect shade might not translate. I love it though. I have been looking forward to putting it on every day when I do my makeup. It stays on the lips really well but I do feel that I need to reapply it after I eat or drink something. It isn't bothersome enough to make me love this product any less though.

If any of you own a Nars lipstick that you absolute love then I would love to hear what shades they are. I may be hooked after this first purchase. Do you like this shade? Would you give it a chance? Let me know in the comments :)

*Linked if hovered over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme