Wednesday, April 8, 2015

It Just Comes Natural

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette Review


Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) Welcome back to palette review week. It is hard to believe but we are already half way through our little event. It is day three and for our hump day review we have Too Faced's Natural Eyes palette. We have transitioned from Urban Decay, a brand widely known for its eyeshadows, to Too Faced. Too Faced is widely gaining popularity for its Chocolate Bar palettes. The brand as a whole is one of my favorites and it doesn't surprise me that their eyeshadows are getting more attention lately.


Too Faced's Natural Eyes palette.

The packaging for the Natural Eyes palette, as well as the majority of Too Faced's smaller palettes, is a tin case with a magnetic closure. While this is not ideal for travel, I have found that it is pretty reliable at staying closed and the hard case can handle any wear and tear from being thrown in a makeup bag or purse. In fact, I threw it in my purse to bring with me while I am writing this review.

This palette includes 9 eyeshadows. Three out of these nine are larger (.07 oz), while the remaining six are smaller (.03 oz). The shadows that are larger are actually shades that will probably be used more, which can lead to a balance in how much of the product is used.

 (Day Category, Bottom to Top: Heaven, Cashmere Bunny, Sexspresso)

The shades in this palette are all neutrals, hence the name Natural Eyes. While the Naked palettes are also neutral tones, the set up of this palette actually makes it function is a much different manner. The Too Faced smaller palettes are all organized to give you three designated eye looks. There is a Day, Classic & Fashion category. When you purchase the palette you receive a guide for looks that you can wear with each category. I have tried each of the looks using the guide, but when I use this palette the majority of the time I am just using the shadows how I want to, not necessarily how they were intended. If you are just starting with makeup the guided use of this palette could easily be beneficial.

(Classic Category, Bottom to Top: Silk Teddy, Push-up, Erotica)

Within the palette four of the shadows are matte, and the remaining five are shimmers. There is a really good balance within this palette that allows you to create an optimal amount of looks using only it. If you are looking for a neutral palette that is going to supply you with more options for a matte eye look, then this might be the palette you have been looking for.

If you are seeking an all matte palette, then you are also in luck. Too Faced has recently released a Natural Matte palette. I have considered purchasing it because of how much I love my Natural Eyes but the Day category in both palettes is exactly the same. I have found it hard to convince myself that I need both, especially because I use the Day category the least in this palette. If you want a matte palette that will compliment all of those palettes you have that are overwhelmingly shimmers, then it could be the perfect choice for you.

(Fashion Category, Bottom to Top: Nudie, Honey Pot, Chocolate Martini)

This is probably my most reached for palette on a daily basis. The neutral feel of it makes it ideal for day wear. When I just want to enhance my eyes without making it overly obvious that I have on eyeshadow, this is the perfect palette to use. My most used shadow within the palette has to be Nudie from the Fashion category. It is, in my opinion, the perfect brown for doing your crease. I even use it as my crease color when I am using a different palette for the rest of my look.

(Bottom to Top: Heaven, Cashmere Bunny, Sexspresso, Silk Teddy, Push-Up, Erotica, Nudie, Honey Pot, Chocolate Martini)

Lastly, the pigmentation and the formula of this palette are amazing. They are just as wonderful as the Urban Decay palettes. I even reach for this palette more often than I do any of my others, which should be some indication of how great it is to use. I am extremely interested in getting the Chocolate Bar palette, or the Semi-Sweet palette, from Too Faced. I have heard such wonderful things about them and after having enjoyed this palette so much, I have a lot of faith in Too Faced. For the $36 price tag, in comparison with most palettes that hover around the $50 mark, I think that this palette is a must add to any collection.


Too Faced's Natural Eyes palette is available online at toofaced.com or online & in stores at Ulta and Sephora. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme