Friday, April 17, 2015

This Moment

All We Get Are Moments

"So if all we have is that glance in the window. If all we have is until this train stops. If all we have is till the sun comes up, till your lift picks you up. And if all we have is until the day we die. I'm ok with what we have," 
-I Wrote This For You, Iain Thomas

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) I've been thinking about moments a lot lately. I have been thinking about how all we are guaranteed in life are moments. We live these moments and in the end all of these moments are strung together and that is your life. 

You see I have been in this moment that I don't want to end. I love the moment I am in. I have loved plenty of moments before this one and I am sure I will love plenty of moments after this one too. I just don't want this one to end yet. I want this moment to last as long as it can. 

The thing I have realized is that whether this moment only lasts until tomorrow or it lasts the rest of my life, I want to experience it. I want to fully live this moment. I sometimes hold back in an attempt to make a moment last longer but that is no way to experience everything a moment in time has to over. Ultimately, this moment will end. As they all do. They must. Time moves forward and all moments end eventually. We don't get an unlimited number. There will only be so many moments that add up to your life. 

Don't fret about how long a moment will last. Don't get hung up on moments that have already passed. Be here, now. Don't be afraid that if you do the wrong thing, then this moment will end sooner than if you want it to. There is no wrong decision. Just push forward, along side time, and enjoy the moment you are in right now. 

Because whether this moment only lasts as long as your next breath, or lasts until your last, it is going to be a part of your life. A moment is a moment, no matter how brief it may be. Live in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme