Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I Was Made For Loving You

June Favorites

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) June has flown by! I know that I say that everything month but it really does feel like I missed out on the last month entirely. It almost feels like I fell asleep in May and now I'm waking up and it is July. So strange! I think I will say that it is because of how much my broken foot has thrown off my summer (uses any excuse for why time moves so fast). Despite my set backs with what I wanted to do this summer, I have a lot of very exciting things happening in July that make me so very excited that it has arrived :) Though it feels like this month didn't even happen, I have still managed to be loving some things in June. The list is far from extensive this month but expect to be seeing an entire homeware favorites next month because I AM MOVING in two days and have completely revamped my room. I couldn't be more thrilled or in love, but I figured I should live in the new place before I gush about all of my new purchases. Anywayssssss, now that I am done with my mini rant, here are the things I have been loving lately.

*All items linked when hovered over.*

Fashion

Marvel Superheroes Shirts 



I got these a few weeks ago when I was looking for things to take on my Washington DC trip. I adore superheroes and just thought these were so cute while also being effortless. I throw them on with a pair of jeans, my grey converse, and my hair down & messy. I love how cute my outfit is and how I can play up my hair and makeup but still look casual. If you are a Marvel fan then buy one of these. So adorable.

Beauty

Sephora PRO Fan #65


My best friend Amanda (I need to do a post solely on her considering how often her name pops up!) bought me this brush as a part of my amazing birthday present last year. I did a whole post on her outrageous present, it was up in December if you want to go look at it. Anyways, she got my this brush because I constantly complained about how hard it was to apply blush lightly. I have a heavy hand and that can make me look like a clown sometimes. I tried it out back when I got it but I didn't really understand how to use it and it kind of just collected dust on my vanity after that. That was before I saw a tutorial featuring a fan brush a few weeks ago... I have now been using this for my blush EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is so amazing. It really does just give you the most effortless looking blush.

e.l.f. Flawless Concealer Brush 


I picked this up just thinking it looked like a nice sized brush. It has turned out to be one of the most versatile brushes I have ever owned. I use it to set my concealer under my eyes, to apply highlighter, to apply bronzer, and to put simple brown eyeshadow in my crease on light makeup days. It is so good and $3. How can you beat that?

Rimmel London's Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 003 Brown 


I have included the black version of this pencil in my favorites in the past but I recently switched to brown makeup in an attempt to find a softer look. It was a wonderful decision because this brown pencil looks amazing with my brown eyes. This whole range just has the best formula. It stays put all day and is so pigmented. Perfect from my water line, tight line and my upper lash line.

Home

Audrey Hepburn Picture 


I love Audrey Hepburn. I have loved her since I was a little girl. When I came across this giant frames picture of her at Ross while I was shopping for my apartment, I just knew that it needed to go in my room. She is just so timeless. I can't link where I purchased it unfortunately, because most Ross stores don't carry the same products, but Audrey prints are pretty common if you are on the look out for one :)

Food

Dairy Queen Dip Cones 



From one of my posts earlier this month you may be aware that I broke my foot recently. In an attempt to console myself earlier this month I took to getting these ice cream cones. I've probably had one a week this whole month, which is a big deal considering I am slightly lactose intolerant now, and they make me feel a little sick. So yummy though! Such a classic from my childhood. I can only do a small but it is the perfect size!

Entertainment

In My Veins by Andrew Belle 


In my last months favorites I included the show Castle. It has continued to be a favorite this month (I am now on season 7) and while watching it this song kept popping up. The first time it was played (fans of the show will know the moment I am referring too) I instantly Shazamed it. When I saw that it was an Andrew Belle song I knew why the sound was so familiar. I love Andrew Belle and I instantly purchased this gorgeous song. I have had it on nonstop repeat ever since. I literally have a playlist that only consists of this song, and my next favorite, and I just play it on repeat. So beautiful. Look it up, you won't be disappointed.

Fight Song by Rachel Platten 


I know that this song is such a mega hit that it is almost not cool to include it on my favorites, but I don't care. I LOVE this song. It first crossed my radar when I was looking at the iTunes charts. I saw the song but didn't really take much notice. Then I happened to be scrolling through Tumblr (mine is www.jordannicole15.tumblr.com) and came across a video from one of Taylor Swift's 1989 tour stops. She brought Rachel out as her surprise musical guest and they sang Fight Song together. I instantly connected with the lyrics and just felt how true they were for her. I love when lyrics read true to an artist. I find the song inspiring and uplifting and the world always needs more songs like that.

Down The Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny Audiobook by Holly Madison 


This one is a bit of a cheat considering it wasn't even released until the end of the month but I listened to the entirety of this book in about three days. This was very quick considering all of the other things I got done in those days; aka packing EVERYTHING I own. I was a big fan of The Girls Next Door when I was younger (yes, I was in my preteens watching a show about Hugh Hefner's girlfriends) and when I saw that Holly, who was my favorite, had released a book I had to get it. I immediately went to Audible and used my credit for this month to buy it. I even overlooked a few gems that have been on my wishlist for months. I am so glad I got it though. Listening to Holly herself tell her story was actually really moving. I related to her on a lot of levels while listening to what she had to say. I may not have ever dated one of the world's most notorious bachelors while he simultaneously dated other women, but I have been in relationships that were not healthy or safe, so I completely understood where she was coming from. Some people have insulted her choice to write this book but I am glad that she did. She will give a lot of people the strength and courage that they need to leave a bad situation.

Woah! I feel like I wrote an extra long amount this month. I guess I was just really into all of the things I talked about :) I hope that June treated you wonderfully and that July is even better. Have a wonderful time celebrating Independence Day (if you are in the states like me) and make sure to thank someone who was in the service for protecting our freedom and giving us something to celebrate!

*I am in the middle of a move and taking pictures for this months favorites was just a little too daunting. All of these pictures are from online sources. I will replace them when I get the time!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme