Monday, January 5, 2015

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

December Favorites 

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) December has always been, and will continue to be, my favorite month. It is filled with things that make is the most wonderful time of the year. It all starts with my birthday. On December 4th I was brought into this world and consequently I get to celebrate my birth every year, on that day. Then we move on to classes ending and winter break beginning. There is nothing like that feeling of relief when you know you are done (for a while at least). Then you get Christmas and all of its wonderfulness! Last but not least you get to celebrate New Years Eve and the hopes that a new year brings. All of these things and more make December the best month of my year. On top of those yearly occurrences, this year I got to travel to a city I have dreamed of since I was a small child. I got to go to the city that never sleep. The magical and life changing New York City. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life and getting to see it at Christmastime just made it that much grander. 

This months favorites is going to be a bit long but as I stated before, this is my favorite month, so seeing as I was in a wonderful mood I was falling in love with everything. I'm going to attempt to stop rambling now and get to the point of this post! Here's the list of my favorite things from December. 

Fashion 

Christmas Sweaters 




To get in the Christmas spirit this year I went on BooHoo.com and ordered some Christmas sweaters. I wanted one very badly last year but couldn't find any in stores here in Texas. I didn't think about ordering one online until it was to late to get it delivered before Christmas. This year I planned ahead and even managed to get them both on sale! I think they are super cute and they were so fun to wear. 

Accessories 

Black Booties



I wore these on my NYC trip and love them. The thick heel makes them easy to walk in and comfortable, while still adorable. I think they are a necessity in any girl who wears heels wardrobe.

Gray Beanie


I bought this for my NYC trip, knowing that it is much colder up north than it is down here in Texas (although the cold seems to have followed me back down here, burrrr). I had never owned a beanie before but had always loved the ones with the little ball on top. I think it is adorable and it keeps me really warm!

Beauty

The Wet Brush


My cousin Ellie gave me this as part of my birthday present and I love it. She has it for her daughter, who also has very tangled and crazy hair. When I combine it with detangle spray, after my shower, it goes right through my hair. It is a miracle worker.

Soap & Glory: The Righteous Butter (Very Dry Skin Formula)


This was part of my birthday present from my best friend Amanda (I did a whole post about her present, if you want to read it you can click here). It has been a big life savor during this winter weather. My skin doesn't always handle it well and this has helped it stay hydrated.

Home 

My Christmas Tree


I put up my Christmas tree the week before Thanksgiving. I knew that I was going to be gone from my apartment quite a bit during December and I wanted to get to really enjoy my tree. This was the first tree I've ever had where I had picked out everything that was on it and put it together exactly how I wanted it to be. If you ask me, it was perfection! Glitter everywhere, just the way it should be. I finally took it down on New Years Day. It is already missed.

Bath & Body Works Christmas Candles



I have talked about B&B Works candles before. To put it simply, I love them. Especially the Christmas (or holiday) scents. Burning them in my apartment with the tree all lit up just took me to my happy place.

My Yearly Christmas Snow Globe


Every Christmas Eve, since I was about eight years old, my mother has given me a snow globe. It is one of my most beloved traditions. This year, to go along with the theme of our NYC trip, it was a NYC taxi globe. It is so unique and adorable. I truly love it.

NYC Starbucks Coffee Mug


I already have an NYC Starbucks coffee mug. In fact it has been featured on this blog in the past. It is a mug from the "You Are Here" Collection that my old roommate Tyler bought for me on one of his trips to the big apple. I cherish it but I was a little sad when I planned my own trip and realized I wouldn't be able to purchase a mug while I was there. I was wrong. I got this gorgeous mug! They have two designs and now I have both :) The single yellow taxi is precious.

Food

Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha


I adore White Chocolate Mochas so when I decided to try it with some peppermint in an attempt to get into the Christmas spirit I had high hopes. It met them and more. It is delicious and if you want a festive drink I highly recommend it.

Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark 


I wait for this peppermint bark all year long. It is one of my favorite parts of the holidays. It will be missed until we meet again next year.

Entertainment

The Family Stone & The Holiday 


These are easily two of my favorite movies for the holiday season (alright, I watch them all year around.. I'm not ashamed). Filled with excellent actors and wonderful stories, they are moving and humorous. I can't get through either without shedding a few tears but they both end on a hopeful note that fill you with a blissfully calm feeling.

The Mindy Project 



I have been watching New Girl since its first season so I have heard a lot about The Mindy Project. It always seemed like something I wasn't interested in when I saw adverts. I was so wrong. I started watching it on Hulu Plus and quickly got through the entire series. I am now anxiously waiting for season three to continue. If you have any hesitations I encourage you to just watch an episode or two. You will quickly get hooked. The witty humor and relatable storylines make it easy to connect to.

A Gentleman's Guide To Love & Murder 



This was the only show I was dying to see while I was in NYC. It is the Tony award winner for best musical and definitely deserves all of the acclaim! It is by far the best show I saw while I was there and now one of my all time favorites. If you get the chance to see it I highly recommend it. 


I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year. Take advantage of all of the new beginnings 2015 has to offer! Have a lovely January and be sure to let me know what your December favorites were in the comments below :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme