Sunday, November 2, 2014

No One's Here To Sleep

Fall 2014 TV Shows

Hello Lovlies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) I have always been a massive TV fan and I choose to spend a good amount of my free time surrounded by entertainment orientated things (movies, music, tv, books). This directly leads to one major change come fall; new shows! I have been watching a load of new shows in the past few months and have been loving so many of them that I just had to recommend them to y'all! It is totally worth the lose of sleep on Wednesday & Thursdays :) 

New Shows I Am Obsessed With

Stalker


This has to be my favorite new show this season. It is not for the faint of heart but if you are a fan of thrillers then this show is for you. I try not to watch it alone at night because I live alone. It is a great and if you like cop shows this one is definitely a new twist on an old concept. Each case will pull you in and the story line that is being played out in an arc is just as good.
*Airs Wednesday Nights, One Hour

American Horror Story: Freak Show


I have watched all of the seasons of AHS and this one is just as twisted as the last three. All the background knowledge that you need to know is that none of the seasons are connected to any of the other ones so you can watch them in any order you want. My favorite season is still the first one but I would definitely recommend giving this one a chance. The whole clown thing is enough to make it terrifying.
*Airs Wednesday Nights, One Hour

The Mysteries Of Laura


I started watching this because I absolutely adore Debra Messing. She is one of my favorite actresses (it may be because of her red hair, who knows?) so I would watch anything with her involved but this show really is the perfect combination of cop show and comedy. That is so rare on television. You will get caught up in the cases and also laugh out loud more than once.
*Airs Wednesday Nights, One Hour

How To Get Away With Murder 


If it isn't clear I like shows that have a bit of a thriller vibe and also any cop/law dramas. One of my favorite shows of all time is Law & Order: SVU. This show will keep you guessing and the acting is just completely on point. I have been loving the music (I heard the song that is the title of this post for this first time on this show) and the directing style too. It has a little bit more sex than I would like in a TV show (especially for an ABC show) but I can overlook it because the story lines driving the show are intriguing enough that I want to keep watching to see where they go.
*Airs Thursday Nights, One Hour

Selfie 


I didn't know this when I started watching this show but Selfie is actually a modern day adaption of My Fair Lady (the first musical I ever watched as a child and one of my favorites, I mean Audrey Hepburn.. enough said). I was hesitant to start this show but I am always looking to add a 30 minute show to my line up and I figured it couldn't hurt to try. I have really enjoyed it. It is funny and witty and very much a commentary on the good and bad elements of the world today/its ties to social media. I also enjoy that the main character is a red head (of course) and love that John Cho is the male lead.
*Airs Tuesday Nights, Half Hour

Manhattan Love Story 


Pretty girl, handsome guy, New York City and love? Where can I sign up?? This show had me from the first preview. It has all of the elements that would make me fall in love with a show, plus I love the lead actors. It has not disappointment. I have laughed. I have felt uncomfortable. I have "awwwed". If you love cute, witty, sappy love stories then you will love this show. It's also only a thirty minute show and as I said before it is nice to have a few of those on your lineup for quick watching.
*Airs Tuesday Nights, Half Hour

A to Z


This show is the ultimate "cute factor" show. The main actors are just gorgeous to look at and their love story is adorable. It kind of reminds me of 500 Days Of Summer. I think that it is the style of having a narrator telling the story and knowing how long the relationship lasts before we know the story itself (or maybe its the doe eyed girl and the general similarities between the actors looks). Regardless of the similarities to other things, I am loving this show. I am very invested in the characters and the story lines. It's 30 minutes of happiness and adorable things.
*Airs Thursday Nights, Half Hour

Bad Judge 


I started this one because I love Kate Walsh. It is funny. It hasn't been the first thing I watch when I open my list on my DVR but I always make sure to get it watched before it comes on the next week. It is over the top but still has moments of heart.
*Airs Thursday Nights, Half Hour

Old Favorites I'm Still Loving

New Girl 


This is a classic. I know that is a big statement for a show that is still on air but everything about it is perfection, even the things that make me so angry I want to pull my hair out. It may get on my nerves from time to time but as Taylor Swift says "Like any true love is drives you crazy but you know you wouldn't change anything". I even love the things about the show that make me insane. Zooey Deschanel is one of the best actresses of our time. She is flawless. And I think we can all agree that Nick is reason enough to watch (I would marry him like yesterday).
*Airs Tuesday Nights, Half Hour

Modern Family 


Season 6 and still one of the wittiest shows on the air. All of the hype and awards are well deserved. I'm sure you have already heard plenty about it so I won't say much but if you haven't then what are you waiting for? Go get it right now! You will be hooked after just the pilot.
*Airs Wednesday Nights, Half Hour

Brooklyn Nine Nine


This show is only on its second season but man is it good. I jumped on the bandwagon a little late (I didn't start watching until after they won the Golden Globe) but I watched all of the available episodes in one day and haven't missed a new one since. It is fun, quick, and very sweet. I have had many overly loud and overly long laughing sessions watching this.
*Airs Sunday Nights, Half Hour

Elementary


This is one of my favorite shows on the air right now. They got started a little late this year (the third season didn't premiere until Oct 30th) but I have been so eagerly awaiting it that once it got here I completely forgave the wait. It is so smart and edgy. The perfect mystery show (I mean it is Sherlock Holmes after all) and how can you do better than these two leads? Wonderful. I highly recommend it.
*Airs Thursdays, One Hour

Dancing With The Stars 


It may not be your taste but it is two hours of pure fun in my week and I look forward to from the minute it ends to the minute it starts the next week. This season has been interesting so far. There are so awesome people in the cast. Give it a chance. I love watching it with my Mama :)
*Airs Monday Nights, Two Hours

Well that's all of the shows that I am watching this fall. Check them out and let me know what shows you've been loving this fall in the comments! I'm always looking for a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme