Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Felt Good On My Lips

My Fall Lip


Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) Seeing as it is fall and I have made it pretty clear that it's my favorite season I thought I would do a post on my favorite lip look for autumn. 

Revlon Lipstick in 477 Black Cherry & Revlon ColorStay Liner in Plum



I bought this black cherry lipstick last year and instantly fell in love with it. The color is so gorgeous and just works so wonderfully in the fall and winter time. If you look at my pictures in my Turning 21 In Las Vegas blogs from last December I am wearing this lipstick. The only problem I had was keeping the color on my lips. I tend to lose all lipstick very quickly so it wasn't a problem with this lipstick specifically. I don't know if it is because I have dry lips or because I rub them together to much but it is a problem no matter what the reason.



In an attempt to fix the problem, this year I decided to try a lipliner to help keep the color on. The first time I wore this lipstick with a liner it stayed for hours. I was blown away. It even stayed after I drank coffee! I would highly recommend using a lip liner if you have trouble keeping lipstick on. I went and bought the Revlon liner that looked closest to the black cherry lipstick, which was in Plum. If you'd rather have a versatile liner that can go with any lipstick instead of just one shade you could always try nude liners. I have the NYX Wonder Pencil in light, which is great as an eyeliner too (it brightens your eyes and makes you look more awake).



To get my burgundy lip look to stay all day I simply outline my lips with the liner. Using a liner can actually create the illusion that your lips are fuller, if you trace just outside your actual lip line (I don't personally use this method but I see it all of the time). After I have lined my lips I fill them in using the liner as well. This is the step that really keeps the color in place in the center of my mouth, where is usually disappears from the quickest on me. Last I just put my black cherry lipstick over the lipliner and that's it. A perfectly finished fall lip :)





I went a little picture heavy on this post. I was attempting to show the color in different lighting but it feels like it came across more vapid than it did informative... Oh well! I hope that this post helps you or at least gives you some inspiration for your fall make up look. If you know any great dark/vampy/burgundy/berry lipsticks I should try out let me know in the comments :)

Other Makeup I'm Wearing:
Concealer: Covergirl Concealer Stick, Fair 
Face Powder: Covergirl Normal Skin Pressed Powder, Classic Beige 
Blush: Milani Baked Blush, Red Vino
Eyeliner: Maybelline Define-A-Line, Ebony Black
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies, Black Drama

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme