Saturday, November 1, 2014

This Love

October (& Some September) Favorites

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) This is going to be a longer favorites than I usually post because I dropped the ball last month and didn't post a favorites blog. I wrote one and had it done in time to post but I just felt like my favorites from that month were lacking; as if I hadn't had enough time to accumulate new favorite things. But I didn't want to just leave my favorite things from September out  so I decided to just lump them in with the many new favorites I have from throughout October. So without further ado here are my favorites from the last two months! 

Fashion

Salt Lick T-shirt 


When I was younger I worked at The Salt Lick (it is kind of famous, google it) and recently my friend Clay started working there. He gave me this work shirt after it shrunk in the wash and I have found myself reaching for it a lot in the last month. It's always nice to have a go to t-shirt.

Longhorn V-Neck


As we are in the midst of football season I have been wearing a lot of UT things in support of our team, especially on game days. This is my go to game day shirt :) It is perfectly subtle. HOOK'EM HORNS!

Accessories

Longhorn Hair Bow


This goes along with the team spirit theme from above. I have been wearing this on game days. I basically just adore bows and will take any excuse to wear one. I am a five year old girl and I'm not sorry.

Flower Cartilage Earring 



I wear this almost every day. It was a family members and I love it. It is just a little different than wearing a normal stud in my cartilage piercing. People notice it a lot more with this earring in than they used to with the one I originally pierced it with.

New Phone Case & iPhone 6



My dad was so sweet and bought me the iPhone 6 before I even asked for it. I love it. I personally don't think it is to big. It still fits in my pocket and watching videos on the bigger screen is so nice. My favorite part is how round it is. I got my case off of Etsy. I have been getting personalized cases for a few years now and I adore them. People constantly compliment it too.

Beauty

Garnier Hair Oil 



I have been getting a little lazy with doing my hair, more than usual even, and when I am wearing my hair in my natural curls they can be a bit frizzy and wild. When I just want to leave my hair down without styling it I will just put some of my hair oil in and it helps to keep it under control. It has been so helpful over the last month. When I do take the time to straighten or curl my hair it also helps to make them last longer and look pretty for more days between washes. Just be sure not to put to much close to your roots so that they don't start to look oily between washes :)

Revlon Nail Polish in Posh


I saw this when I was shopping for some new make up and was instantly intrigued. I had been looking for fall nail polish colors and thought that this one would be a good addition for some diversity. I usually only go with deep reds in the fall, I wanted to be a little adventurous. I didn't buy it that first time I saw it though (I chickened out). It stayed with me for a few days though and the next time I saw it I picked it up right away. I figured that if a nail polish can still be on your mind days after you've seen it then you should probably buy it. I was right, I love it. It is actually the nail polish I am wearing in these pictures :)

Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner


I just posted a review of this eyeliner a few days ago so if you want to hear more about it check that out. I have been wearing this a lot. It is definitely a part of my everyday makeup routine. I like that it has a matte finish as opposed to the shinny finish of liquid eyeliner.

Home

Bath & Body Works Fall Candles


Candles are one of my favorite things and one of my favorites brands is Bath & Body Works. Fall is also my favorite season. I don't know if you can tell but all of this adds up to one of my favorite things during the year being stocking up on the fall candles right after they are released. I always have one lit and it just gets me in the fall spirit. The scents I have in the picture are: Autumn Sky, Tailgate, Mahogany Teakwood, Pumpkin Caramel Latte, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin & Apple Ale (which was a scent from last year and unfortunately didn't get produced again this season, I was really disappointed). They are all great and B & B Works have 2 for $22 sales all of the time (but be sure to wait for one because they are $22.50 each if you don't and thats just not smart).

Fall Pillows


I got these pillows at Ross at the beginning of September and have had them out ever since. They add so much to my apartment and were really affordable. Cushions are the easiest way to completely change the look of a space.

Food

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte



This is me being a completely stereotypical girl but I had my first PSL this year right after they came back out in an attempt to get into the fall mood. I was skeptical on how good they could be but I have been loving them since that first sip. If you want to drink fall from a cup then give it a try :)

Thomas Pumpkin Bagels


I have bought anything that incorporated pumpkin in it over the last two months. I have had pumpkin english muffins, muffins, granola bars, kind bars, breads and various other things. I basically love pumpkin. While nothing can beat a good slice of pumpkin bread these bagels come very close. I just put regular cream cheese on them and they are delicious. A great meal.

Entertainment

Zoe Sugg's September (& Some Of October) Vlogs 


Zoe Sugg (Zoella) decided to vlog her September and I could not have been more thrilled. It is such a treat to sit and watch Zoe's day. She is always so lovely and has the most soothing voice. If you have never seen any of Zoe's main channel videos I highly recommend them and I recommend her vlogs just as highly. Her written blog is also wonderful. I will leave all of her links at the end of this post :)
*She also decided to carry on vlogging into October, so there are plenty to watch if you head over there!

Taylor Swift's 1989


I am not going to go on and on in this post because I am sure I will be doing a post completely dedicated to this album soon, but I will say that it is amazing and everything it was promised to be. My favorite tracks so far are All You Had To Do Was Stay, Style, Blank Space, Wildest Dreams, I Know Places, This Love & Out Of The Woods. I just named half of the songs... I love them all alright! They are all amazing. Just go get the album. It is worth it. If you buy it at Target you also get 3 bonus tracks and 3 original voice memos of Taylor creating the songs. It is only $13 and also comes with 13 polaroid pictures of Taylor. Do it. 

Stalker & American Horror Story: Freak Show


I have a ton of new favorite shows but seeing as this is an October favorites I am just going to name these two super creepy ones. Stalker is very much a thriller and I have screamed at least once watching it. If you live alone I would recommend not watching it after dark, it can really mess with your mind. AHS has been a staple in my TV schedule for a few years so of course I have been looking forward to this season. It hasn't gotten as scary as it is weird yet but it has had its moments. It is twisted and if you enjoy that sort of thing then you will love it. I will be doing a post on all of my fall shows really soon but these two both air on Wednesday evenings.

Well that is it! I know this was a long one but I really do love all of the things included. I also added the home category this month because I have found that because I'm living alone I am constantly having to think about those types of things. I hope that you enjoyed this post and as always let me know what your favorite things this month were in the comments! Enjoy your November & have a lovely Thanksgiving (yes it is nearly here, crazy)!

*Links*
The Salt Lick: http://www.saltlickbbq.com
Etsy Phone Case Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/simplymonogram
Garnier Hair Oil: http://www.garnierusa.com/products/haircare/sleek-and-shine/Treatment/Sleek-and-Shine-Moroccan-Sleek-Oil-Treatment.aspx
Revlon Posh Nail Polish: http://www.target.com/p/revlon-nail-color/-/A-14047760
Bath & Body Works Candles: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4147333
Thomas Pumpkin Spice Bagels: http://www.thomasbreads.com/products/pumpkin-spice-bagels-0
Zoe Sugg: www.youtube.com/zoella & www.youtube.com/morezoella & http://www.zoella.co.uk
Taylor Swift 1989: http://smarturl.it/TS1989

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme