Thursday, September 3, 2015

I'm With You

Summer Makeup Haul 

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) So I have been forming quite the collection of new makeup this summer. I have my largest intake of money during the summer so it is really the time when I get to splurge on things like makeup. I managed to get a lot of things that were on my wishlist and I'm pretty thrilled with all of my purchases. I figured I would show y'all what I got and maybe see if there are any things that I should do a full review on. I figured for this post, instead of reviewing the items (that could take all day) I would just say why I wanted them in the first place. 

Beauty 

Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume



I have been looking into getting a nicer perfume for a while now. I love perfume but have always sort of gravitated toward the cheaper end. I smelled this and knew that this was the (slightly) more expensive perfume I wanted to start with.

Vera Wang Hippie Princess Perfume



I have always said that I am a bit of a hippie. I think that I am naturally drawn to a lot of things that could be compared to a hippie or boho vibe. I have used the original Vera Wang Princess perfume since I was in high school and just finished a bottle. I have smelled all of the variations over the years but this is the only one that pulled me in. It's the perfect summer scent for me.

Face 

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Captivating 


I have been slowly building my makeup collection over the past year or so and at the beginning of the summer I noticed a distinct gap in my collection. I have practically no blushes. I decided that one of the ones I needed to purchase was the perfect summer, peace/orange shade. Captivating checked that box and more. 

Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Baby Love 


Another blush tone that I decided I needed was a more neutral, nude tone. This blush has a bit of mauve vibe but it is the neutral shade I was looking for that also suits my skin tone. I knew a neutral shade would open up my options for eye and lip looks.

Urband Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Light Warm


The reason behind wanting this was pretty simple... EVERYONE and their mother raves about it one Youtube. I don't buy into every product that is raved about online but there comes a point when you are listening to your 15th beauty guru saying you need something and you think "well I must need that". I also mainly stick to concealer in terms of coverage and so I'm always looking for good ones.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer 


Bronzers were another area that I was seriously lacking in. The only bronzer in my collection was NARS Laguna, which is an excellent product but it can only do so much. My best friend highly recommended this and said it would work well for me. I take her recommendations to heart.

Eyes 

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette 


I always thought of this palette as being for blue eyes, which I am not blessed with. I thought it was gorgeous but figured that there was no point in purchasing it (just like I shouldn't have purchased the Naked 2 palette, but that is another story). Then one day my cousins best friend, who works at Ulta, said that it would go perfect with my red hair. I had never heard this before. Apparently it is a thing though because I got told two more times when I was shopping in Sephora that I should purchase it. That was all of the convincing I needed.

Tarte Tartelette Palette 


I have a lot of palettes at this point but there was thing I was pretty largely missing in that category, a good matte collection. I looked at a few of the strictly matte palette options but none of them felt right besides the Tarte one. That big mirror didn't hurt anything either.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette 


I love my Too Faced Neutral Eyes Palette so much that I knew I wanted another Too Faced one. Kathleen Lights, aka one of my favorite Youtubers, very highly recommends this one so I decided to check it out. I liked the color selection in the original better than the semi-sweet one so I went with it.

Colourpop & Kathleen Lights Where The Light Is Quad 


As I just said, Kathleen is one of my favorite Youtubers. When I found out that she did an eyeshadow collaboration with Colourpop I knew that I would love it. She is drawn to the same colors that I am so I knew they would be warm and glowy.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Eyeliner in Purple 


This is my holy grail eyeliner. I thought the purple would be pretty with my Naked 3 palette and with my brown eyes.

Maybelline Brow Drama in Auburn


I am pretty attached to my Benefit Gimmie Brow but I figured that if there was a drugstore alternative then I should probably check it out. Plus they only have two shades in the Benefit line and Maybelline was offering an Auburn option, which happens to be my hair color.

Lips 

Colourpop Lippie Sticks 


As with the eyeshadow quad, I had to purchase this lipstick (Lumiere) because it was a collaboration with Kathleen. That's about the extent of my thought process.

I know this might seem like a bit of a splurge but I have been obtaining these things over the last few months. I didn't purchase it all on one trip. If there are any items that you would like to see a full review of let me know in the comments :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme