Friday, August 1, 2014

Touched By The Sun

My Style Icons Series: Jacqueline Kennedy 



Hello Lovlies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) For my forth pick from my style icons list (out of six, we are half way through!) I am picking my last influence from the past. This woman, who inspires me not only with her style but with the strength she had through tragedy, has always been someone I looked to for style inspiration. My forth pick is the always regal, Jacqueline (Jackie) Kennedy.

I have been really into the Kennedy family history for a while now and have read many books about Jackie (along with the other Kennedy women, I love Ethel as well) and her life. There are so many things that happened to her that can be called tragedies but it is amazing to see the perseverance and determination she showed through hard times. Her love for her family is so moving. Many people wouldn't have handled the sad times as gracefully and poised as Jackie did. She is definitely a personal inspiration in addition to her style icon status. She is an American treasure and one of the closest things we have ever had to royalty here in the states. She will forever be beloved. 

Many of the pictures I decided to include were not Jackie by herself, but rather with family and loved ones because that is where she loved to be. Here she is in all of her grace and beauty :)

Cigarette Pants, Large Buttons, Pastels, High Waisted, Button Down, Preppy, Pearls, Gloves, Gowns, Hats, Patterns, Coats, Bold Colors, New England, Belts, Pumps, Head Scarves, Smile.

 

There she is! My forth style icon pick :) I have two women left on the list and both are influences from now, so next week will be the first time I'm not throwing it back to show you my pick! If you haven't read about Jackie's life then I will say that I would recommend it. It is amazing to hear about her strength. I really enjoyed Mrs. Kennedy & Me! As always let me know who your style icons are in the comments below and I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme