Thursday, January 29, 2015

Little Things

A Cup of Jo & A Spot of Tea

Hello Lovlies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) I am a huge coffee & tea drinker. Not only do I just love the way they taste but I love the experience of drinking them. The calming effect of tea. Getting together with friends or a new love interest over a cup of coffee. It is such a part of my routine. Coffee can really bring people together, not to mention keep people up when they have procrastinated writing that ten page paper until the last minute (Alright... me. I'm talking about me!) and need help getting through an all-nighter.

I grew up around coffee. Growing up my parents (along with my Dad's brothers) owned a local coffee shop (Texspresso) in Austin, TX. I spent my summers wandering around there while my parents worked. I got started on coffee young and never looked back. I loved those days getting up at 4 AM and going back to sleep in the back room when we got to the shop. Waking up to the smell of coffee and the chatter of people enjoying it. They actually really made a name for themselves for a while (they had 5 stores open at one point, with just the three of them running them) and I really admire that. I look back on those times so fondly and miss that coffee shop all the time.

I love the experience of actually going to a Starbucks, Coffee Bean, or a local coffee shop but sometimes you just don't have the time (or the money, college life can be hard)! This doesn't mean that you can't still get that coffee and tea though! I bought a Keurig last year and it was one of the best decisions ever. I use it at least once a day, usually more than once (I may have a problem). I can't start the day without a cup of coffee. Even just the smell makes my day start on the right side of the bed (well I still wake up on the left side.. I mean that is the side I sleep on after all). I really enjoy a cup of tea to wind down in the evening. It just makes me feel peaceful (I mean, I'm practically British).

Seeing as coffee & tea are such a large part of my daily life, I figured I would devote this post to something that closely ties in with that theme; mugs! I love coffee mugs. I have a large collection of them, and just like with anything else, I definitely have my favorites (not to say that I don't love them all because I do, trust me). These are some of my favorite mugs and a few of my go to picks when I'm making coffee or tea with my Keurig :) 

Favorite Mugs

Anthropologie Monogram "J" Mug


Austin Starbuck "You Are Here" Series Mug 


Dutch Wax Floral Mug


Starbucks NYC Mug 


Target "I Love You A Latte" Mug 


Favorite Keurig Options


The Original Donut Shop CoffeeFolders French Roast & Twining's English Breakfast Tea

I start my day off on the right note and end it on an even better one. Coffee and tea make me feel such joy :) Do you enjoy coffee or tea? What about the atmosphere surrounding the experience of drinking them? Have any favorite mugs? Let me know in the comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme