Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Iris

Maybelline The Falsies Review


Hello Lovlies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) This product has been talked about by everyone and their grandmother so this review is nothing new to the internet but it is the first time I have used it (in recent memory) and I figured I would do a post on my opinion of it. Maybelline's The Falsies is a mascara many people swear by, including Tanya Burr who finally convinced me it was worth trying. I know I have used this product before because I dug through my mascara collection and found an old one. I didn't remember if I liked it the last time, so I went and bought a new one. My old one had been a "flared" version but this time I went with the "black drama".  I'm not sure what the difference is. 

I have used it a few times now and have really enjoyed it. I typically go for Covergirl mascaras and have gone through other Maybelline mascaras as well. I like to try out different kinds and rarely settle on one or even finish a tube. I have always had long and full eyelashes so I love seeing what different mascaras can do for them. As a disclosure I do not curl my eyelashes, I never have. My mother advised me not to when I was younger and that advise has always stuck with me. I don't know if adding that step would affect the way the mascara works but I wouldn't think it would take away from the product. 

The Falsies is a big claim to make with the name of a mascara but it really does add the volume & length to back it up. I don't wear false eye lashes when I'm not on stage performing in a show but I think this mascara really does give the same effect. The other aspect that I have really enjoyed is how black the color really is. It's very dramatic, as the name claims. I love black mascaras and eye liners against my brown eyes, it makes them pop. I wear brown on more natural days but if you are looking for a great black color this product has it. 

Here are some pictures of me wearing The Falsies & of the product packaging







Overall I was pleasantly surprised by this purchase. I wasn't sure if it would live up to its praises but I believe it has. You can get The Falsies in most places that carry makeup (I got mine at a Dollar General in my small hometown) and it's a great price. I would recommend it if you are looking for a new mascara. It could easily become a staple in my collection and I think it'd be a great addition to yours :) 

Other MakeUp Products Used:
Eye Shadow- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (Half Baked, Chopper, Snakebite) & Covergirl Smoky Shadow Blast
Waterline Eyeliner- Maybelline Expert Wear, Ebony Black 
Gel Liner- Maybelline Eye Studio, Blackest Black 
Blush- Covergirl Checkers, Pretty Peach 
Bronzer- Elf, Glow
Concealer- Covergirl Stick, Fair
Powder- Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin, Classic Beige 
Pore Eraser- Maybelline Baby Skin 
Lip Gloss- Tanya Burr by Eye Candy, Champagne Toast 
Nails- Essie, Sunday Funday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme