Thursday, April 30, 2015

Love Me Like You Mean It

April Favorites 

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) April has come to an end. I'm not quite sure how that happened so quickly! Summer is nearly here. At least in Texas it is. I have been loving the spring so far though. It has been a great month and I'm looking forward to all of the things coming up in May. As always, this is my month favorites. Just some bits and bobs that I have been particularly enjoying this month :)

Fashion

Black Floral Kimono


Last year when kimonos really exploded in popularity, I wasn't fully aboard the train. I wasn't sure I thought that they were cute. By the time I had decided I wanted one, it was already getting cold and I didn't want to buy one if they were going to go out of style by the time I could wear it again. Then spring rolled back around and they had managed to stay in style. I found this one at Target and I adore it. It is so pretty, and obviously the floral pattern is what pushed me over the edge on buying it. I do love a good floral outfit :)

Target Boyfriend Jeans 


I bought these when my Mama got a gift card to Target from work. I wasn't really that sold on them (or Target jeans in general) when I got them, but I wanted to buy something that I wouldn't usually spend my money. I didn't have any boyfriend style jeans, plus I don't own a lot of light wash jeans. Anyways, I bought them and then they proceeded to spend a few months in my dresser not being touched. A few months ago I pulled them out again and when I put them on they just fit better than they had when I purchased them. I have been wearing them a ton lately. I love to throw them on with a top and some Keds. I think they are really cute and a great piece to have.

Accessories

Navy Floral Keds 


My Mama just got me this pair of Keds while we were buying her a pair of Sperry's out at the outlet mall. I had wanted this pair when it was originally released, but had never managed to get my hands on them. They are so adorable, and again that floral pattern snuck in there and stole my heart. They were on sale, which is awesome. I have worn them a ton already. I am now up to six pairs of Keds. I think the obsession is real.

Beauty

Lorac Face Primer 


I got this as a sample when I purchased my Lorac Unzipped Palette earlier this month. The palette itself comes with a sample of their eyeshadow primer but Lorac was giving a sample of their face primer to anyone who bought one of their products. I tried this, not expecting much, one day and was so pleasantly surprised to see that it is wonderful! I have never tried the Benefit POREfessional, so I can't make a comparison there, but compared to the Maybelline Baby Face primer, it is so good. I may just have to purchase the full size, which is saying a lot for me.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush


I bought this brush after I purchased the Real Techniques stippling brush and their version of the beauty blender. I loved those products so I figured I should try their most popular brush out. When I first got it I was using it for my blush and bronzer, but one day this month I decided to try it with my foundation. It is AMAZING. I love the finish it gives my face. It makes my foundation apply so evenly. I also use it for my concealer and my blush. It is such a multipurpose brush. I need another one desperately. I highly recommend you try this one out.

Home

Vanity Stool


Earlier this month I had my Mama bring me my old desk from back at home so that I could use it as a vanity in my apartment. I got it all set up and was loving it, but the only thing I was missing was a stool. My Daddy looked online and we were pretty sure that it was going to cost at least $50. We nearly purchased a $75 one even. Then I went to Ross with my Mama & Grandma one day, and we found this vanity stool. It was $25! This adorable vanity stool was only $25. It was such an exciting find. This stool being so cheap actually helped me be able to purchase the next item in my favorites even.

NYC Picture 


I have a fairly large (for a college student) apartment and the ceiling in the living room happens to be vaulted. This makes it look extremely empty. I have a picture hung in my dining room but the walls in my living room were predominately empty. When I saw this picture on our trip to Ross I was so excited. It is so pretty and at $25 it was quite the steal. I hung it above my couch and it has really added a lot to the room.

Entertainment

A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall


I picked this up in the book section at Target one day when I was just browsing. I'm not sure why, but I decided to buy it. I very rarely do that because I have such a long list of books I want to read that buying one that I just saw for the first time doesn't typically happen. I usually just add it to my list and move on. Well with this book I bought it and started reading it a few days later. It only took me two nights to get through it. It is so adorable! Such an original concept and such a cute love story. You are really routing for the characters to be together, alongside the 14 people who tell you the story. Instead of the two characters in the love story telling you what happens, 14 people that are around them watching the story unfold tell you. It is so good. If you are looking for a new and original book to read, pick this one.

KathleenLights' Youtube Channel 


I watch a pretty big amount of Youtubers. I have such a large lineup that I don't haphazardly add to my subscriptions. I just don't have the time. When I cam across Kathleen a few months ago, I instantly liked me. I hit the subscribe button half way through my first video. I have loved her ever since. I look forward to her videos all week. I just think that she is so gorgeous and then on top of the fact that she does the most gorgeous makeup looks, she also has an amazing personality. She is so bubbly and warm. I feel like I know her, and that is not a quality that every Youtuber has. She is also so unique. I can't say that I am subscribed to anyone else who could replace her. You should check out her channel!

Love Me Like You Mean It by Kelsea Ballerini 


My Mama showed me this song when I was visiting home one weekend, thinking that I would really like it. She said that it perfectly described a relationship situation I was in at the time. I just rolled my eyes and looked it up. I am so glad that she showed it to me! It is so cute. The video is adorable too. If you are in your late teens or early twenties then I think you will really relate to this song. My favorite lyric is "If you're going to say it make me believe it." She is referencing saying I love you. It is just a really great song.

Girl Crush by Little Big Town 


I just found this song this past weekend but it has so instantly become my new favorite that it has to be included in my monthly favorites. There has been some controversy over it because people are misinterpreting the message behind the lyric. At its core, this is a song about a girl wishing she was more like the girl who is with the boy she wants to be with. She figures that is she was more like her, then he would want to be with her instead. It is so heartbreaking and relatable. There are just some amazing songs on country radio right now. I'd recommend listening to all of the songs in the top 50 country charts on iTunes.

This month was a little long, but I just happened to be loving a lot! I hope that your April was filled with more flowers than showers and that your May follows suit. Let me know what your favorite things in April were in the comments :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme