Friday, July 25, 2014

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

My Style Icons: Elizabeth Taylor 


Hello Lovlies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) On this third week of my style icons I have decided to pick the timeless Elizabeth Taylor. With her ever present grace and poise she remains a true hollywood legend and, in my opinion, a true inspiration. 

Elizabeth wasn't only gorgeous, she was also a true humanitarian. She was one of the first people to really bring attention to AIDS, even founding the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation. She always used the fame she had acquired to try and bring awareness to causes that were important to her. 

My name actually comes from one of Elizabeths biggest films, Giant. It is one of my fathers all time favorites. I am not named after her character though. My daddy loved the name Jordan from one of the male characters in the film. One of my favorite television show characters of all time, Charlotte York from Sex & The City, even named her dog after Elizabeth Taylor. She also was inspired by her to convert to Judaism to be with the man she loved :) Those are just some fun facts about her and here are some pretty pictures :)

Red Lip, Full Skirt, Empire Waistline, Wide Cut V-Neck, Patterns, Head Scarf, Gloves, Headpieces, Bold Eyebrows, Statement Jewelry, Collars, Classy Cleavage. 



























There she is! My third style icon pick :) I was a little late with this one because I couldn't decide what order I wanted to do for the rest of the list. I have it all planned out now though, so everything should run smoothly for the next few! I just adore Elizabeth Taylor and think she had a little something to offer every one. If you don't know much about her life I would highly recommend looking up some books written about it :) As always, let me know who your style icons are in the comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme