Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Don't Stop

June Favorites

Hello Lovelies :) I'm Jordan Nicole. I am a bit late on this post because my apartment has been without internet for about a month now and it has made getting things done (not only for this blog but for everything in my life) quite difficult. On top of this, 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays (you will find I am one of the most patriotic people you'll ever meet!) so I have just been running about with American pride for the past few days :) I figure it is better late than never though and I don't want to miss a month so here it is (a handful of days into July)... my June favorites! Even with my busy and a bit all over the place schedule I have still managed to have a few consistent things that stood out to me this month! I hope you enjoy them :)

***I don't have pictures for everything I am mentioning here but I think some don't need them as much as others anyways :)***

Fashion

Flowy Shorts & Halter Tops



A few weeks back my friend Clay asked if I wanted to go with him to Six Flags for the day. I said yes as I will always take the opportunity to be outdoors having fun for the day :) The only problem was I hadn't worn shorts all summer because I just wasn't very comfortable in them. The night before our little day trip I went on a hunt for a pair of flowy shorts (ones that are so loose that they could be mistake for a skirt). I tried Target first but didn't find anything in the shorts category. I did however find both of these halter tops and I am now obsessed with halter tops in general. I think shirts that have a high neck line are better for me because I have quite a small chest and they create the illusion that there is more there than there really is. I went next door to Kohl's next and quickly found what I was looking for! I had hit the jackpot. I bought three pairs in different patterns, as I do this with any clothing that I like :)

Reagan & Bush '84 Tank


I have seen this shirt on Tumblr for over a year now and have wanted it ever since I first laid eyes on it! I finally did what I should have done a long time ago, typed it into Google. I bought this on countryclubprep.com and I will leave the exact link at the end. I know that this shirt isn't for everyone and I am not trying to make you believe what I do by wearing it. I don't think it is any different than people wearing President Obama shirts. I like it so I'm going to wear it. I'm not trying to start an argument. President Reagan happened to be my Daddy's favorite, so much so that he almost named me Reagan, so I bought it :) I wore it for 4th of July!

Old Fashioned High Waisted Bikini


I bought this high waisted bikini at the end of last summer so I didn't get to really enjoy it. This summer I was so excited to get to really use it and show it off. It was a bit of a splurge i'll admit but I think it was worth it. I love how old fashioned it is. People constantly compliment it and its conservative yet still cute factor! I bought it on modcloth.com (which is one of my favorite sites) and I know they still have it in multiple colors. I will link it below!

Accessories

Flower Crown  


I got this flower crown at Rue 21 and think it will be perfect for when I got to ACL  (Austin City Limits) in October! I'm a bit of a hippie at heart and have such a huge soft spot for flower crowns!

Ankle Cutout Boots


I also got these ankle cut-out boots from Rue 21 for only $7! It was to good a deal to walk away from and I just adore boots in general so I always want to add to my collection! I have worn them multiple times already (even thought my Mama thinks boots are to warm for the summer) and the cut-outs make them much cooler and simply much cuter! :)

White Eyelet Keds


I am the first to admit that I have a bit of a Keds addiction but I had never owned a plain white pair. When I saw these I jumped at the chance to have a white pair that weren't just plain and boring! I love the eyelet and the adorable mint inside :)

Beauty

L'Oreal Liquid Eye Liner 


I am new to liquid eyeliner and the felt tip on this has made learning really easy for me. I would definitely say new comers should get one similar to this. It's easily purchased too since it is at any store that sells make up. I got mine at Walmart :)

Tanya Burr Lip Gloss


I know that this item was on my favorites last month but I bought four new ones and they just needed to be on here! I purchased the Just Peachy, First Date, Afternoon Tea & Picnic In The Park and love them all. I really can't recommend this line highly enough! I only wish that I could get some of the nail polishes too! Tanya Burr is just lovely, you should definitely look up her videos on Youtube :)

Tangle Teaser 


I have had a problem with tangles and knots in my hair since I was a child. I have a lot of hair and it just tends to get caught in itself. I heard that this brush was wonderful for stubborn hair and I have to tell you it is. It was only $10 which is such a great deal for a product that truly makes a difference in a daily routine. Using this in addition to the Johnson's tangle spray has worked wonders on my hair :)

Food

Panera Chocolate Duet Cookie With Walnuts 

I do not have a picture of this cookie because I have yet to buy it and then remember to take a picture before inhaling it. There is no chewing involved! But in all seriousness I am not big on candy or sweets, I am all about the cakes, pastries, and cookies! I have had tons of cookies in my life from a variety of locations but I would dare to say this is one of the best cookies that has ever existed! The first time I bought it was late in the day and I figured I'd need to microwave it to make it soft but on the way home I just had to try it. It was all gone before I got home! It fell apart when I grabbed it because it was so soft. Go get one. Just do it :)

Smart Water Liter Bottle

I am a big water drinker. I don't drink soda and I am always thirsty so I just naturally have a lot of water everyday. Recently though, I bought a liter smart water bottle and started refilling it everyday. Because I don't have to grab another bottle I find that I drink the whole liter very quickly and now I drink at least three liters a day. I feel so good and my skin looks better too :)

Venti Starbucks 


This isn't exactly food (none of the things under my food category this month are I suppose) but it doesn't really fall anywhere else so this is where I am going to put it :) Before this month I had never gotten a coffee from Starbucks larger than a grande. I think that come fall this will again be true but a few weeks ago I got a venti because my cousin did and I was pretty tired. I now get a venti iced coffee every time I go in! With iced coffee it is just worth it to get the added coffee! I have been loving it :)

Entertainment

Audible


www.audible.com

I was always skeptical about audio books in the past but after purchasing one of my history textbooks in audio form so I could study and clean/run errands/excursive I have completely changed my mind! I now own around 20 books from audible. I haven't read them all but I am a member and I get a credit each month as well as discounts so I have been adding to my library. It also can connect with books I own on my kindle which is one of my favorite features. It's amazing! 

World Cup Soccer

I was of course hoping America would do well (I will argue that they did with anyone who wants to insult them) and Mexico but they are unfortunately both out. I still watch any game I happen to be at home during and enjoy myself. I was the manager of the boys soccer team at my school for seven years. Watching really takes me back to some joyful and happy times so I love that :)

Once In A Lifetime- Landon Austin


I recently discovered Landon Austin on Youtube after hearing one of his songs play in the background of a make up tutorial I was watching. I think he has a lovely voice and this original song of his has now been on repeat for at least a week and I still love it! Look it up on Youtube, you won't regret it! He also sells all of his covers and originals on iTunes :) 

Ed Sheeran- Multiply Album


I am doing a full review of the album soon (it is already half way written) but all I can say until then is I preordered it on iTunes and loved it so much that I also bought the physical copy. I am constantly listening to it and can only praise this second album of an artist that I think is one of the best of my generation! :)

So those are the things that I have simply been loving for the past month :) I have been behind on posts due to a heavy travel schedule and the taxing process of trying to find a new apartment near downtown Austin (I have to be out of my current apartment by July 13th and don't have a new one yet *cue gasps and shocked faces*. This was all very last minute and has been hard on me mentally.) My goal for the month of July is to really get on top of things on here! I already have about eights drafts I'm working on so hopefully *fingers crossed* I can make it work! Until then have a lovely day and let's all go out there striving to make July even better than June! We are officially half way through 2014 after all. It's about time for those mid-year resolutions :) 


Link to the Reagan tank:
http://www.countryclubprep.com/reagan-bush-84-tank-top-in-white-by-rowdy-gentleman.html

Link to high waisted bikini:
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/twopiece-swimwear/beach-blanket-bingo-two-piece-swimsuit-in-red

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme