Monday, July 14, 2014

All Of The Stars

Book Recommendation of the Month

Hello Lovelies :) I'm Jordan Nicole.


"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I am a big reader and I was a touch late on jumping on the bandwagon but when I read The Fault In Our Stars in February I realized what all of the hype had been about. I had been planning on reading it for a long while but had put it off because I tend to get a little skeptical when something is just doted on by a lot of people. I just think that there are some things that everyone will rave about and then I find that it really isn’t great at all. This was not one of those situations. I was pushed into reading it because I knew a film was coming out and I do not go see films that are originally a book without reading it, so I knew I was running out of time.             
I am not here to ruin this book for anyone so the following will include no more of the summary than this:

So basically it is just a realistic narrative commenting on what it is to be an adolescent in todays world, and the main character happens to have cancer. And at the core of it all there is love. There is loss. There is hope. There is heartbreak. There is humanity.

Read this. John Green is well worth your time, as is Hazel Grace. It is reasonably priced on amazon, the print and kindle versions. Even the audio one is fairly cheap, if you prefer that format (I personally have it on my kindle and have the audio book, I just re-listened to it recently). John Green makes you go to another place in your conscious mind that you didn’t even know was there. He takes you out of yourself and just makes you go a step further. He made me feel things I haven’t before and isn’t that what a great book is all about? And what a great author does? I was truly moved by this novel and the way that John Green can turn any sentence into an emotional masterpiece.

Not only are you getting a book recommendation this month but I obviously have to recommend the movie too! And while we are at it I am going to recommend the album as well. Goodness I just used the word recommend a lot! :)

The film was so well done. I really enjoyed the casting and was very pleased with how closely it followed the book. It is not a perfect, line for line adaption (no movie is), but it is one of the best I have seen in a long while!

The soundtrack is fantastic. Every track. If you don't want to buy the entire album then I will suggest Boom Clap & All Of The Stars!

I will leave you simply saying that I have enjoyed every aspect of my The Fault In Our Stars journey. You will cry, you will think and you will laugh. Basically the entire human experience in one lovely story. John Green is also a Youtuber (www.youtube.com/vlogbrothers) and the author of more wonderful novels! Look him up :)

And now my favorite quote from the book:

"'Sometimes people don't understand the promises they are making when they make them,' I said. Isaac shot me a look. 'Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyways. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyways.'"
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme