Thursday, July 10, 2014

Moon River

My Style Icons: Audrey Hepburn 


Hello lovlies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) When thinking of the various people who have inspired me with their style, poise and grace I realized that there was no way I could include them all in one blog post without it becoming to long for anyone to want to read. I decided that I should just write a little "My Style Icons" series :) I fell that the perfect pick to start off the series is a woman who was so filled with poise, grace, elegance, style and most importantly had a giving and loving heart: Audrey Hepburn. 

When I was a little girl my Mama showed me her favorite musicals. She started me off young and her list included My Fair Lady. I took away two things from this, to this day it is my favorite musical and I have loved Audrey ever since. She just drew me in and she hasn't let me go since. I have read books about her and have looked up to her as an actress and humanitarian for years. Though she was an amazing person who did so many things to try and better the world around her, she is mainly remembered for the beauty she had in her youth (I personally think she was always beautiful) and her style. So many elements of her fashion choices are still relevant now. 

Audrey was beautiful and had a lovely figure that wore clothing better than most people but she also wore timeless looks that can flatter anyone if they do it right. It is easy to pull a lot of things from her looks. I'm just going to name some and show you some pretty pictures now :)

All Black. Stripes. High Waisted. Short Bangs. Little Black Dress. Full Skirts. Hats. Polka Dots. Coats. Button Ups. Gloves. Lace. Cigarette Pants. Florals. Bright Lips. Defined Eyebrows. 





























So there you have it! My first style icon :) I will be putting out more installments of this little series very soon! I think I want to do them once or twice a week. I hope you enjoyed hearing a little bit about someone who inspires me. Let me know who your style icons are in the comments :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme