Thursday, May 14, 2015

Come See About Me

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Comparison & Review 


Hello Lovlies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) My best friend Amanda gave me Benefit's Gimme Brow for my birthday a few months ago and I was so excited. I had really been looking forward to testing it because I was not into brow products at the time. She decided to buy me the light/medium shade because that is the one she uses and she felt like it would work for me as well. When I tried it however, it was a good deal lighter than my eyebrows. I'm a natural red head but my eyebrows are a deep brown and the light/medium shade was very visible against the natural color. It has a gray undertone that my eyebrows are lacking.

Armed with this knowledge and the desire to be able to really use Gimme Brow I decided to purchase the medium/deep shade. Amanda felt that it would be to dark but after testing it while I was in Sephora one day I decided that I really liked the effect it gave. Seeing as I was torn between which shade would be the right one for me to purchase before Amanda bought me my present I thought that others might be on the fence about which shade to buy too.

I decided that since I own both of them then maybe it would be helpful to do a post comparing the two and just reviewing the product in general.

Light/Medium Shade

The lightest shade available in the Gimme Brow line, the light/medium it greatly suited for anyone from natural blondes to light brown hair. I think that you can get pretty far into the browns before you really need to go darker than this. It has an undertone that feels cool toned and gray. This helps it feel like it would work for blondes that have cooler tones in their hair. Even lighter brunettes who have a mousy brown or dirty blonde hair color would be better off going with this shade.

On the other hand, if you are a darker brunette but aren't a fan of bold brows then this might also be the pick for you. When I applied it to my darker eyebrows I felt that it gave them a dusty look that made it clear that I was wearing a brow product. Amanda didn't agree with this though and said that if I had blended it better with a brow brush that I would have liked it. So I think that if your brows are darker but you want a more subtle look than you could make this work.


Medium/Deep Shade

This shade is clearly for anyone who had darker hair or at least darker eyebrows. My hair isn't dark, I would say it is right between light and dark, but my eyebrows are very clearly dark. I think that this medium/deep shade really compliments them and makes them feel full. I am a fan of a strong brow though, so my opinion of this shade is a little influenced by this fact. 

No matter your opinion on eyebrows, this shade is a true, deep brown. If you have a medium to deep brown hair color I think this would be the better option for you. It is also deep enough that I think it would work for people who naturally have black hair. If you are a typical red head then you would probably need to stick with the light shade, but for me (I have auburn hair) the dark is perfect.


The Overall Product

I am a fan of this brow gel. I think that it does exactly what it claims to do. It make my brows look fuller and bolder. I typically add this step after I have also filled in the ends of my brows with powder. The combination really gives me the look I am trying to achieve.



This is a picture of me wearing both shades. The lighting made it a little difficult to really see the difference but I think it is still pretty obvious that the product adds a lot to the overall look of my makeup. I think it is also obvious that on the left I am wearing the medium/deep shade and on the right I am wearing the light/medium shade. If you can manage to look passed the awful face I am making (I think I was tired when I took that picture) I think that they really show the effect both shades give.


I hope that this little comparison/review helped you if you have been considering purchasing the Gimme Brow product. I really want to start doing more comparison posts because I know that when I am looking at makeup I always want to know the answer to the question "but what is the difference between the two?". Let me know if you've tried Gimme Brow and which shade you prefer for your own eyebrows in the comments below! :)

Benefit's Gimme Brow is available online at benefitcosmetics.com and online & in stores at Sephora and Ulta

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme