Thursday, April 9, 2015

Here For A Good Time

Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette Review


Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) This is it! The last day of palette review week has arrived. I am frankly just thrilled that I managed to stick to the schedule and get a post up every day this week. It proves to myself that I can do more themed weeks successfully. For our last day with this theme I am going to be reviewing the Lorac Unzipped Gold palette. This was the first palette I purchased since really jumping into the makeup scene. I think that is jumped out at me for a lot of reasons but the colors had to be the main reason. It is a unique combination of shades and has proven to be an amazing palette.


Lorac's Unzipped Gold palette.

 I mentioned a few of my concerns with the packaging in yesterdays post. As with the Unzipped palette, the packaging for this palette is a cardboard case with a magnetic closure. This fact already makes this palette lean towards easily being damaged but the real problem with this packaging is the fact that is is white. I have gotten this palette dirty so many times already. I understand that the white with the gold writing on the front is really pretty but it just isn't functional. It can luckily be easily cleaned with a makeup removing wipe but I shouldn't need to clean the packaging of my palettes before I do a post about them. This fact doesn't outweigh how amazing the palette itself is, but I thought it would be helpful information :)


This palette comes with ten shadows that all have a golden/warm tone to them. As with the Unzipped palette, I think that this one would look wonderful with so many skin tones. The warm feel makes it ideal for people with yellow undertones (warm) but my best friend Amanda has used this (she has pink undertones) and it looked wonderful on her. Unleashed looked so amazing with her blue eyes. It really made them pop. So I think that this palette would work for everyone ultimately. I love the way the golds look with my skin though. Though this palette has a similar tone to my original Naked palette, they are very different and owning both has not caused much overlap in my opinion.



Out of the ten shadows in the palette four of them are matte, while the other six are shimmers. I think that is a good balance and that this palette supplies you with everything you need to just pack it, and still be able to make looks for day and night wear. The matte shades in this palette are less diverse than those in the Unzipped palette but I have still found a use for all of them.

 (Top Row:Undressed, Uninhibited, Unpredictable, Undeniable, Unedited)

(Bottom Row: Unlocked, Unlimited, Unleashed, Unwind, Unafraid)

My favorite shadows from the palette are Uninhibited, Unpredictable and Unleashed. I forgot to mention this in yesterdays post but I adore the names of the shadows in these palette. They are so pretty and cleaver. I love when names have a theme like these do.


I already raved about the formula of these shadows in yesterdays post but I am going to have to rave just a bit more. The mattes in this palette are the same as those in the Unzipped palette. The formula is good in terms of the shadows not being chalky but they color pay off is not as wonderful as the shimmer shadows in this palette. They are easy to build up though and blend wonderfully on the skin. They are perfect for what their intended purpose is. The shimmers in this palette are just as amazing as the Unzipped. I have never felt any shadow that was as creamy and rich as these. The color pay off is amazing. This is true of all of the shimmers, but the one that is really special in this palette is Unleashed. It isn't just a shimmer. It is almost metallic. The pigmentation is so amazing. I don't have anything else like it in my collection and I don't even think I have seen anything similar to it on the market. It makes my best friend Amanda's blue eyes look gorgeous but it also makes the yellow/amber tones in my brown eyes pop. It is like a super shadow. If it were a super hero it would be Iron Man (I just feel like it would have his witty & sassy personality)! As with the Unzipped palette, the $42 price tag makes this palette seem like a complete bargain.


Lorac's Unzipped Gold palette is available online at loraccosmetics.com and online & in stores at Ulta and Sehpora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme