Thursday, April 9, 2015

Let's Fall To Pieces Together

Lorac Unzipped Palette Review


Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) We are almost to the end of palette review week! I am going to be sad to see it go, but I am looking forward to moving on to my next theme week. Leave me some suggestions in the comments :) Today we are switching gears and hopping over to Lorac and their Unzipped palette. This is a very new addition to my collection but I have already used it a ton. I am in love with it. That's normal, right? Being in love with a beauty product is totally fine! *nervous giggle*


Lorac's Unzipped palette.

When it comes to packaging, the Unzipped palette (as well as the Unzipped Gold palette) is not all that impressive. It is slime, which is nice, but it is simply a cardboard case with a magnetic closure. It is not going to handle travel perfectly, but it is slime and light weight which make up for its flaws in some ways. I have got to say that I love the size of the mirror in this palette. I find myself using it more than I usually use the mirror inside of palettes. The cream coloring of this packaging isn't ideal but it is better than the white packaging of the Unzipped Gold palette. They get dirty easily, but they are easy to clean with a makeup removing wipe, so they aren't permanently going to look bad.


This palette comes with ten shadows that all have a rose gold/cranberry feel to them. If I had to compare the feel of the palette to another one, I would say the Naked 3 palette. I actually stood in the store holding both when I went to buy this one. I landed on this palette because I already had two palettes from Urban Decay and I didn't want my collection to be to dominated by them. The thing I really appreciate about the color scheme of this palette is that it would work well with a lot of skin tones. The rose gold feel would ideally suit someone with pink undertones (cool) but I have yellow undertones (warm) in my skin and I have loved the way this palette looks on. I think that the cranberry tones look really pretty with my eyes. They bring out the amber tones.



Out of the ten shadows in the palette four are matte, and the remaining six are shimmers. I am not as big a fan of the formula for the matte shadows, but they still work beautifully when built up. My favorite shade in the palette is actually one of the matte shades (unconditional). They compliment the shimmers beautifully. You can get a ton of gorgeous looks from this palette. I have had so much fun experimenting with it. This was a stop outside of my usually gold/warm palettes and I am so glad that I purchased it.

 (Top Row: Undercover, Unbelievable, Unattainable, Unconditional, Unbridled)

(Bottom row: Undiscovered, Unreal, Uncensored, Unspoken, Untamed)

My favorite shadows from this palette quickly appeared as I used it. I simply adore Unbelievable, Unconditional and Unbridled. When you combine them they make the most gorgeous look. I love the tones they bring out in my eyes as well.

(Undercover, Unbelievable, Unattainable, Unconditional, Unbridled, Undiscovered, Unreal, Uncensored, Unspoken, Untamed)

The formula of these shadows is amazing. Like I said before, the matte are not mind blowing but they are respectable. They aren't lacking in the formula so much as they are in the pigmentation. The thing with them is that the are easy to build without getting chalky, so it really isn't a problem and it makes blending so easy. The shimmer shadows on the other hand are spectacular. The first time that I swatched one of the Lorac shimmer shadows my jaw physically dropped. They are so rich and creamy that it should be illegal. Not only is the consistency amazing, but the pigmentation is just as mind blowing. These things pack a punch! If you don't believe me, go to your local beauty store and try them yourself. It is incredible how easily you can create an out of this world look with these shadows. When you think about the fact that this palette is only $42, in comparison with others that are in the $50 range, then this palette is an absolute bargain.


The Lorac Unzipped palette is available online at loraccosmetics.com and online & in stores at Ulta and Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme