Friday, February 5, 2016

Same Old Love

January Favorites 

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) The first month of 2016 has come and gone! It went by pretty fast don't you think? I was pretty shocked that it was a new year honestly and now that one twelfth of that new year is past I am pretty behind. I have had a wonderful year so far and a lot of favorites so lets jump right in!

Fashion

Army Green V-Neck 


This was a completely spontaneous buy at Target one night. I am obsessed with green right now and it was $10 so I figured it was a good purchase. It is nearly the only low cut shirt that I own.. I don not purchase low cut things. I think it is still cute though because it is so causal. I think it comes across less as trying to be sexy that way, which is the furthest things from what I'm going for.

Forest Green Button Up 


I bought this back in the summer because I thought the color was so very gorgeous and it was the best purchase. I thought that it was too expensive at the time but it was a good investment because I think I have worn it at least once a week since the weather started to get a little cooler.

Abercrombie High Waisted Bootcut Jeans 


I think this is the best pair of jeans I have ever owned. I am very sad that I only got three pairs and they have now stopped selling them... They fit me so wonderfully and are really flattering. I am going to try out the regular bootcut jeans and see if they compare but for now I will live in these.

Accessories

James Avery Charm Bracelet 


For Christmas my best friend Amanda decided to get me something I have wanted for years... a charm bracelet. She decided to include some of the closest people to me in it and make it that much more special. I love it so much. It is beautiful. I could not be more thankful to Amanda for giving me such a wonderful and thoughtful gift.

Olive Green Boots 


I also bought these back in the summer thinking they would get a lot of wear time when it got cold. They have. I wear them all of the time. Just look at them!

Beauty

Nars Charlotte Lipstick 


I had this on my wishlist for a long time. I think it is gorgeous. Packaging, color, formula. Everything.

Tartelette Palette 


I bought this palette a long time ago but never really connected with it until recently. It has a wonderful formula and a beautiful color selection.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment 


I depend on this. I have gone through two of them and even bought the pink one. My lips have always had a lot of issues and this is the only thing that truly hydrates and improves them.

Home

Fawn Container & Heart Ring Holder  


Both of these were purchased during a trip to Kirkland's. I finally had make storage containers for my vanity and I wanted to add something to hold my ponytails/bobby pins and my jewelry.

Food

Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood 


I bought this looking for new things to cook at home. There are a lot of good things in here. Plus Trisha is one of my grandmothers favorite people so I knew it would be a good book :)

Dunkin' Donuts Blueberry Cake Donut 


This donut is like a muffin in donut form. I am slightly addicted.

Entertainment

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills 


I am almost ashamed to admit that I have been watching this in my free time but honestly I just needed mindless entertainment. When I get home and I'm tired I just want to put something on that I don't have to think too hard about. No real story line to follow, nothing too serious. I just enjoy putting it on at the end of the day and zoning out. I am actually watching it as I am writing this post. Wonderful background noise.

Serial Podcast Season One 


Lately there has been a lot of hype connected to the Netflix show Making A Murder and I had interest in watching it but honestly I let all of the talk about it discourage me. I remembered that I had subscribed to Serial months ago and decided that maybe that would be a better route to take at this moment. I am so glad that I did. I am now hooked. I got all the way through season one and have listened to all of the episodes in season two so far.

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han Audiobook


I typically only listen to audiobooks while I am in the car but I listened to this entire book in a matter of days because I was listening to it so often when I was alone. It was such a cute story and I really enjoyed listening to it.

This feels like an overly long favorites this month but I haven't written a favorites post in quite a while so I think some of these things were just built up. I want to get back into this blog desperately. It makes me so sad to look at my blog and not see a new post for months. I think that my anxiety honestly got the best of me over the last few months and I just got overwhelmed with the idea of people looking at something that I wrote. I also haven't found a spot in my new apartment to really take pictures for my blog. The lighting isn't the best here. I am going to make it work though! I am really getting back into this. It is my promise to myself. I want to do more of the things that make me happy and this is my happy place.

I hope that you had a wonderful first month of the year. We have eleven more to go! Here is to a wonderful February :)

***Everything linked if you hover over name and click***

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme