Monday, August 4, 2014

Constant Craving

My July Favorite 

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) It's that time again: monthly favorites! This month has gone by in the blink of an eye. Suddenly school is only a month away and life is about to get so busy! Until then I am attempting to make everything of the time I have left! This month has been all about my move into my new apartment so I haven't had much time to focus on fun things like clothes and make-up. My time has been more focused on things such as storage bins and effectively using a small space to its fullest potential. Nevertheless, I still had my favorite things of the month (as lacking in certain categories as they may be) and here they are! 

Fashion

Abercrombie Super High Waisted Jegging  


It has always been hard for me to find jeans that fit properly on my body type. I have a tiny waist and big bottom so there was always a gap in the back of my jeans. Anyone else who has had this problem knows that it makes life more difficult, especially when it causes your underwear to be exposed while you are seated. A year or two ago I found these jeans after working at Abercrombie and have never had a pair that fit me better. I know that Abercrombie as a brand is over rated, they don't really cater to bigger sizes and they aren't the best quality jeans out there but I soley purchase them because they fit me well with their high waisted cut and I really love their dark wash. Even though I've had this type of jean for a while I am including them this month because I just purchased two more pairs to have just in case they ever don't make them anymore which has opened my eyes to just how deep into my addiction I have gotten. I have them in multiple washes and would say anyone with my body type should try them out! 

Victoria's Secret Bra 


I have only purchased one bra from Victorias Secret and if I am being honest I don't wear it often. My friends drug me in and forced me to get measured. The woman told me I was a 34 C and this was insane considering I had never, even at my biggest, been larger than a B. My opinion of them wasn't to high, until recently when my friend Casie gave me three bras from them that her sister had purchased for her in the wrong size. They are all 34 B's and I wear one of the three every single day. My favorite is a sheer lace one that doesn't have any padding. It is a little more on the sexy side than I am used to and I don't know that I would have picked it for myself but I love it now!

Accessories

Big Clip 


I have gone back to the 90s with this hair clip! I actually remember wearing one when I was growing up. I'm not entirely sure where I even got this from because I'm sure it was just at my house and I grabbed it when I was desperate for something to hold back my hair but I do know you can still buy them :) I have been grabbing this all the time, not only to put back my hair while I wash my face, but to actually style my hair. I love the volume that it gives my 'pony tail'. It's simple to use and cute to boot!

Nude Heels 

I found these at a garage sale for $1! They were originally $30. I think they are so great because they are a classic shape and comfortable to walk around in. The color isn't quite nude, its more of a beige or tan which is so nice because it doesn't wash out your feet but it also goes with everything!

***I am currently out of town visiting my parents and though I tried to remember to bring all of the things on my favorites to take pictures I failed with this item! I will insert the picture when I am back home :)***

Beauty

Detangling Spray 


Ever since I was a little girl I have had a nasty problem with tangles in my hair. I used to cry the whole time my Mama would comb my hair. Recently the problem has been getting even worse because I have been growing out my hair. After seeing my cousin use a detangle spray on her three year old daughter I realized that I needed to buy one of those to help with my problem. I went out and bought a Johnson's detangle spray and have used it after every shower. It is a God send. With enough sprayed in I can run a brush from top to bottom without stopping. It also doesn't leave my hair feeling dry or oily, which is a huge bonus! And on top of everything else it smells amazing :) 

Face Masks 


At times I can be quite lazy with my skin care routine but occasionally I feel like I need to do something a bit extra to give my skin an extra boost. I found these face masks a while back and bought the avocado & oatmeal one (which was funny because I don't like avocado or guacamole) to start off with, I enjoyed it but I wanted to branch out so recently I went and bought the dead sea minerals and charcoal & black sugar ones. I have really been liking changing up which one I use and I think that they each do something for my skin that is a little different but equally beneficial. They do what they claim to do and that is the main thing I look for in a product.

Food

Garden Salsa Sun Chips 


I have always loved Sun Chips and thought that maybe they would be good in a flavor too. I was wrong. They are better than good, they are fabulous! I love them! If you haven't tried the original ones then get those too of course but the Garden Salsa is so yummy :)

Entertainment 

Kim Kardashian App


I was hesitant to admit this but I figured that I want to be honest with what I really have been loving in the month and I have been addicted to this app since I downloaded it. The Kardashians are a huge guilty pleasure for me (I'm actually not ashamed of it!) and when I heard about the game I just felt like I needed to try it out. I now find myself scheduling things around my modeling gigs and dates... It really pulls you in! I have so much fun playing though, so I would think other people must have fun with it too! Give it a try, opinions on Kim put aside.

Friends


This is in no way a new favorite. I bought the friends box set two summers ago and have been hooked ever since, but in the past month (seeing as I didn't have cable when I first got into my apartment) I have been watching a ton of Friends. I started at the beginning again and have been watching it straight through. It really is a classic and if you haven't seen it then where have you been??

Harry Potter Books


I started the first book (for the second time, I read the first four as they came out) on July 1st. I have since gotten through the first three, finishing each in about 24 hours. I didn't have time to read them all back to back but I have managed to read three and that is a lot in a month. I have really enjoyed them and have watched each movie once I have finished the book. I'm not saying I didn't like the movies but I was shocked to see how disloyal they are to the actual books. I didn't remember them varying so greatly and it really surprised me considering that the movies are so treasured. I have a feeling they are more loved in their own right then in comparison to the novels. Anyways, moving on past my mini rant, I have been enjoying them even if they are for younger kids. If you haven't read the series I'd say give it a try :)

All About Us- He Is We 


I found this song a few weeks ago and it has been on repeat ever since. I have added it to so many playlists, as I now think it is appropriate for all occasions. It has great lyric but also a great sound. I would definitely recommend it :)  

That is all for this month. I have pretty much settled in to my new apartment (which I have been saying I'm doing a post on for way to long.. it will be up soon) so things should be more calm this month. I have already purchased a ton of new make up and beauty products that I want to try out so there will be some reviews coming too :) I hope that July treated you well! Be sure to fully enjoy August before school starts back up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme