Monday, August 31, 2015

I Just Can't Stop Loving You

August (& Some July) Favorites 

Hello Lovelies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) I very epically missed the month of July when it came to a favorites post. I mean I was still working on writing that when August 15th rolled around. At that point I figured it was a lost cause and I should just let it go. I have sense realized that I was having such a hard time with that post because July came and went so quickly that I honestly hadn't accumulated many favorite things. Not having much to write about can certainly make doing a post difficult. As there is not really any excuse for my absence from posting, I am not going to make any. I am simply going to say that my August has been lovely (I hope yours has as well) and I have many things that I loved along the way. I am also going to lump the few things I had in that July favorites post in with this one. I wouldn't want them to feel left out after all ;) 

Fashion 

Spiderman Shirt 


I got this shirt at Target. It was on sale for $7. Can you believe that? I mean $7. Craziness. Anyways, it is technically a pajama top but that hasn't stopped me from wearing it during the day... and very much in public. I have reached for this so often in the last two months that I lost count a long time ago. I think it is so adorable. I have also paired it with a red lip a few times, which I love.

Accessories 

James Avery Birthstone Ring 


This was a bit of a splurge after receiving a larger paycheck than I had expected early this month. I have had my eye on this ring since I was in high school but the large price tag associated with it, along with my tendency to lose anything with a large price tag associated with it always stopped me from actually purchasing it. Then at the beginning of the month I went in with Amanda so that she could get a charm her boyfriend bought her added to her charm bracelet and I decided to just go for it. I love seeing it on my had. It is gorgeous.

*That's the birthstone for a December birthday, by the way. 

Beauty 

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette


I may have featured this palette in my favorites before, and I also did an entire review on it during my palette review week, but it really is just the best. It is small and perfect for throwing in my makeup bag. Plus the amount of looks that you can get from just this palette is outstanding. It is the perfect neutral palette (yes, even compared to the original Naked palette) and it has the prettiest gold eyeshadow in it, which is perfect for my favorite eye look.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Captivating  


I purchased this hoping that it would a) compliment my skin tone well (peaches and oranges tend to) and b) be the perfect summertime blush. It has delivered on both accounts. In fact it has surpassed my expectations. It is one of the most gorgeous blushed I have ever seen. A little goes a long way too, so I imagine that it will last more for many summers to come.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 32


I bought this color hoping that it would go well with my Tarte blush from above. It does. My go to summer makeup has now consisted of a gold smokey eye, peachy cheeks, and orange lips. I love it. It is a little drying but if I don't pack it on that isn't much of a problem.

Vera Wang Hippie Princess Perfume


It was a bit of a struggle to find this. I saw it at Ulta a few months ago and knew I wanted it. I should have bought it then and there (the universe has tried to teach me this lesson many times but it just can't manage to stick) but I wanted to wait until my next paycheck. Well when I went back to get it they, of course, did not have it. I produced to look for it, at multiple stores over multiple weeks, to no avail. Then one day I was running a little early and needed to fill some time so I wandered into an Ulta. I definitely wasn't looking for this perfume but there it was when I walked in the door. I immediately checked out and walked out with it. We have been in a wonderful love affair ever since.

Home

NYC & Paris Canvas Art


I have been trying to make my apartment feel more like a home since the day we moved in. I think I have finally managed to get there over the past month. The only thing that could make it feel any better would be Autumn, which is right around the corner. One of the big things is all of the art I have hanging now. These sets of NYC & Paris scenes are so perfect. It fits the little umbrella & travel theme that I have got going. I honestly just love looking at them.

Mason Jar with Straw


My roommate Clay & I love these skits from Comedy Central called Publizity. Due to our obsessive nature we obviously had to get cups like theirs. I got the mason jar, as I am the one with bangs (that will makes sense if you look up the bangs video they have...you are welcome). 

Entertainment 

Tyler Oakley's Auguest 


I included this in my August favorites last year too because it is simply amazing. I love Tyler and I love collaborations. A whole month of collab videos every weekday is a magical experience. They are done now, and you should go binge (speaking of binge, check out his book that is available for preorder now) watch them all!

Young & Hungry 


I kept seeing this on Netflix, and figured I would probably like it since it was an ABC Family show, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet when I found out that my Mama had watched it and really enjoyed it. This was the only push I needed to finally start watching it. I am SO glad that I did. It is not only quick and witty but also hilarious. A great cast and wonderful writing mix to create an adorably fun comedy. Plus Emily Osment plays the main character... childhood flashbacks anyone?

Burning House by Cam 


I am slightly embarrassed to admit this... A little backstory is needed to understand why though. So back in March I went to SXSW to see Sam Hunt. Before he came on this girl I had never heard of, dressed in all yellow from head to toe, performed. Her voice was so obnoxious and her overly fake and cheery disposition was not my style. I wrote her off as someone who would never make it big. Little did I know that I would start hearing her on the radio all of the time... Well end of story I am obsessed with this song. I still don't know if I like Cam or not, but I will give her the credit she is due for the lovely song.

Port Aransas & Parasailing


Earlier this month, my best friend Amanda and I decided to take a day trip to the beach. We choose Port Aransas and decided that we wanted to go parasailing while we were there. I have lived in Texas all of my life but I had never been to a Texas beach. The whole day was so much fun. It was also exhausting. We left home at 7 AM and got back around 1AM. It was a rough drive home. While we were there though, I got to stand in the Gulf of Mexico for the first time and we got to experience parasailing for the first time together. It is SOOOO much fun and I highly recommend trying it. We did it through Chute'em Up Parasailing and had the most wonderful experience. The group of people we went with were so much fun and the workers made everything feel very easy and comfortable.

Those are the things I have particularly been enjoying over the last few months. I hope that your August treated you well, back to school and all! September is officially here and I could not be more excited. PSL anyone? I'll see you at Starbucks on the 8th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme