Monday, June 22, 2015

Love Story

My Top 25 Taylor Swift Songs 


Hello Lovlies. I'm Jordan Nicole :) I know that this post could rub some people the wrong way. Not every one likes Taylor and that is completely understandable. There isn't anything or anyone that every person is going to like. I however have made it pretty clear on my blog over the years that I love her. Taylor's music has gotten me through so many things in my life and I just think she is an inspiration. In honor of all those times that I have turned to her music when I didn't have anywhere else to turn, here is a list of my top 25 Taylor Swift songs. They range from songs about life, heartbreak, crushes, true love, and mistakes but at their core they all share one thing; they are completely open statements about how it feels to experience those things. They give you something to connect with when you think you are the only person who has ever felt that way. They give you something that shows you aren't alone. At the end of the day Taylor is a real person who has real emotions and she is amazing enough to share those with us in an effort to show us that it is okay to feel things. It is okay to not always be happy. It is okay to fall madly in love more than once. It is okay to forgive. It is okay to not know what you want. It is okay to learn lessons along the way. For that I will always be grateful. 

Taylor Swift Era

A Place In This World

"I don't know what I want, so don't ask me. Cause I'm still trying to figure it out."

Cold As You

"Every smile you fake is so condescending counting all the scars you've made."

Should've Said No

"I can't resist. Before you go tell me this: Was it worth this? Was she worth this?"

Fearless Era

Superstar

"I'm no one special, just another wide eyed girl who's desperately in love with you."

Forever & Always

"I looked in your eyes. Thought I knew you for a minute, now I'm not so sure."

The Best Day

"I know you were on my side, even when I was wrong."

Speak Now Era

Back To December

"And then the cold came, the dark days when fear crept into my mind. You gave me all your love and all I gave you was 'goodbye'."

Dear John

"You are an expert at 'sorry' and keeping lines blurry. Never impressed by me acing your tests."

Enchanted

"I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone. I'll spend forever wondering if you knew."

Innocent

"I hope you remember today is ever too late to be brand me."

Last Kiss

"So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep and I'll feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe."

Ours

"Your hands are tough but they are where mine belong."

Red Era

Treacherous

"I can't decide if it's a choice, getting swept away. I hear the sound of my own voice, asking you to stay."

I Knew You Were Trouble

"And the saddest fear comes creeping in that you never loved me, or her, or anyone, or anything."

All Too Well

"You call me up again just to break me like a promise. So casually cruel in the name of being honest."

The Last Time

"You wear your best apology but I was there to watch you leave."

Everything Has Changed

"Your eyes look like coming home."

Begin Again

"And for the first time what's past is past."

Come Back... Be Here

"This is falling in love in the cruelest way. This is falling for you and you are worlds away."

State of Grace (Acoustic Version)

"We learn to live with the pain. Mosaic broken hearts."

1989 Era

Blank Space


"Love's a game, wanna play?"

All You Had To Do Was Stay

"I've been picking up the pieces of the mess you made."

Wildest Dreams

"Nothing lasts forever but this is gonna take me down."

Clean

"The water filled my lungs, I screamed so loud but no one heard a thing."

You Are In Love

"And you understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars, and why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words."

Each of these albums have helped me to get through things in my life but these songs specifically have at one time or another been the only songs I listened to for days at a time. These are the kind of songs that just speak to your soul. No matter your opinion on Taylor Swift, she is forever due the credit of how brave it is to honestly put your feelings out there for everyone to see. I have struggled with putting my feels out there for the people I love to see. I can't imagine doing it on a global scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme